Recent content by Coaster

1. Coaster

Garmin 530 versus 830

Legends, Hope all is well in the Covid world. I’ve been using a Magellan Cyclo 505 as a GPS and am over it. Keeps losing connection with heart thingo, needs reformatting all the time and clearly is end of life. So I’m pondering a Garmin 530 or 830. Is it worth dropping the coin for the 830...
  2. Coaster

Shipping a Brain Shock

Hi Burners. I’m posting my Spesh Brain Shock off for servicing. Can anyone let me know what the best way to mail these are? Just bubble wrapped in a box? Poster tube? Cheers, Coast
  3. Coaster

SLX 7000 Brake Making a Howling Noise

Hummm........ maybe my brake issue isn't so bad in the scheme of things.............. Looks like they did. And at the lever end as well. Basically they just leaked. So I have gave the rotors a clean out with alcohol again, realigned the calipers and the sound has gone. Bloody good brakes...
  4. Coaster

Thanks All. Just had the light bulb moment reading the responses that while the brakes are new there’s every chance those shitty C1s have leaked on the rotor. Completely missed that. I’ll give them a clean and hope for the best.
  5. Coaster

Hi Burners. I recently replaced my Formula C1 (Possibly the worlds worst brake) with brand new Shimano SLX 7000's on my Spesh Epic. Pretty easy process to switch out and had the job done pretty quickly. Took the bike for a test spin and my god the rear brake makes a horrendous noise. It's like...
  6. Coaster

The Single Speed Thread

Good to see you back. I've been using my SS as my commuter but lately got it back out on the dirt. Awesome. Completely forgot how much fun it is........ And bloody hard work! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Coaster

Yarra Trails regulars

That's a great vid Nath and some nice riding too. Makes me think I've been neglecting the Southern Trails, I need to get out there more!!! All the best with your move mate. I only met you a couple of times I think but have loved your contribution to this space and the trails. Happy hunting!
  8. Coaster

New Chainrings

Many thanks!
  9. Coaster

New Chainrings

Hi Burners, I've worn the chainrings on my Spesh Epic so need to replace. The cranks and chainrings are discribed as below: Custom SRAM S-1250, 7050 alloy arms, 10-speed XC double, PF30 spindle, CHAINRINGS 38A x 24A, carbon shift-guard.4-bolt, 104/64mm I've always been a Shimano guy...
  10. Coaster

Yarra Trails regulars

Who are you?
  11. Coaster

Yarra Trails regulars

Had the chance to ride Hans and beyond yesterday afternoon. Very dry and dusty, you'd have never thought we had all that rain a little while ago. Managed to donate some skin when I lost the front wheel on one of the rocky dusty switchbacks at the very back. Such a muppet. It was great to be...
  12. Coaster

No Otway Odyssey Thread?

Hi MTB. Out of curiosity what did you do for accommodation? Stay down there? Did most people camp? Cheers, Graeme
  13. Coaster

Yarra Trails regulars

BTW, I saw the biggest fucking tiger snake I have ever seen yesterday on the YTs in the dodgy area before Banksia. Easily my arm span and very thick. Was crossing the trail and just stopped....... And that was it for almost 10 mins while we stared each other off. Then in a flash it did a 180 and...
  14. Coaster

Yarra Trails regulars

I'm always amazed at how many courses there are along the Yarra. They seem to run into each other. Particularly that par 3 course in Kew. I've never seen a single person on that.
  15. Coaster

Yarra Trails regulars

...and the snakes distracted me about the kangaroos. 6! That's incredible. I'm presuming that's a good sign? I almost got cleaned up by a wallaby in the ST past Bourke and the gates one night right. Both wallaby and myself scared the pants off each other and reacted poorly almost running into...