Recent content by Cardy George

1. Cardy George

The stupid questions thread.

Don't believe a fucking thing they say. It's like a Facebook/Instagram post, they're only showing what they think looks good, not what's really happening. Believe these people. These are your people!
  2. Cardy George

Bargain buys thread

Because that was the price of the helmet I was 'ordering' Tried again with $11 hydration tablets Free delivery my arse :mad:
  3. Cardy George

Bargain buys thread

Um, nope, not here
  4. Cardy George

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Yes, that would be expensive. Just liberal dose, and maybe a second dose tomorrow?
  5. Cardy George

Should be rosy! Just make sure you let it dry out properly, then give it a real good soaking, coz you'll be washing out all the goodness from inside.
  6. Cardy George

Same same. But degreaser is probably nicer/safer to use. What are you re-lubing with? Whatever it is you'll need to make sure it goes deep inside the rollers.
  7. Cardy George

Little Things You Hate

I've seen one smile as she watched the Little Sender rotate his arms backwards while kicking forwards. We don't send him to lessons any more.
  8. Cardy George

The stupid questions thread.

We had the advantage of not being as 'well off' as the rest of the family, so we used that to pick and choose when we travelled. But when we did I tried to leave stupid early so they were still sleepy for half the trip. And then we stopped when they needed to stop. Mildura-Adelaide express is 4...
  9. Cardy George

The Drivetrain Compatibility. Thread

What about chains? My set of 5 x 11sp chains are getting sloppy with the shifts and are starting to drop off the chain rings. I'm looking for 11sp, but finding many more 10sp or 12sp options in the right price range. Can I run them on 11sp? Should probably be in the stupid questions thread, but...
  10. Cardy George

What does your day look like?

I'll bring my Wolfhound, her holes put Wombats to shame
  11. Cardy George

From the Blue Skye to the Deep Green Sea

Bahahaha! While this is true, I was also in transit from the city to Seaford via Belair NP on the very first day of owning the Procaliber.......
  12. Cardy George

From the Blue Skye to the Deep Green Sea

Which direction? I've only ridden it once, heading south towards Flaggy
  13. Cardy George

Dealing with injury risk

There's definitely something in that. I've had enough hard hits to know when to fight it, and which body parts to try and land on.
  14. Cardy George

What does your day look like?

Just keep thinking about the finished product. First slide down the side of it, it'll all be worth it. ;)
  15. Cardy George

Kinda, sorta, but no. The flex point is actually down at the seat tube/bb junction, so up where the bearings are it doesn't pivot so much as slide. The rest of the frame is rigid. My guess is the little black tube bears weight and rotates inside the seat tube as it flexes and the bearings allow...