Recent content by cameron_15

1. cameron_15

Bargain buys thread

Thoughts on Hunt wheels vs Nukeproof Horizon V2's?
  2. cameron_15

Chainlines and 12 speed - 2 quick questions

Just measured the 2 guides then. The specialized guides backplate is about 2mm wider than the MRP guide, just enough to cause the fouling. Not sure what to make of it. The chainring on my specialized sits bang in the middle of the guide yet on the norco it's clearly well off centre. The...
  3. cameron_15

I'm aiming for an 11-50 cassette of which there's a few options. Just wanted to make sure it's not like road freehubs where there are different widths for 11 speed. The chainguide has me more perplexed. The norco bike has BB92 with sram gxp cranks Specialized has BB30 with sram BB30 cranks
  4. cameron_15

Hi All, Been somewhat out of the game for a while now and standards are getting the better of me. I've just purchased a new to me norco sight 2016 model with iscg 05 tabs and MRP chainguide. I want to swap this chainguide with the one on my 2016 specialized enduro. I thought this would be...
  5. cameron_15

All the Covid bike purchases flooding the market?

Certainly seem's to be happening. I've noticed bikes going on sale now too which certainly hasn't been the case for a while now. Just last week BikesOnline had Marin trail bikes $1,000 off RRP; now there's discounts on their Polygon trail bikes too.
  6. cameron_15

Gravel bike wheel suggestions

Thanks for the input everyone! Seems wiggle has a few good options. Currently running quick release and 10 speed so would like something future proof that can take 12mm road axles for when the time comes. I do use the bike for road riding so a lighter wheelset would be best.
  7. cameron_15

Gravel bike wheel suggestions

Hi all, Looking for suggestions for a new wheelset for my disc brake road bike. The bike is about 7 years old and has served me very well as a commuter/roadie/general town bike but the rear wheel is starting to give in with semi-regularly broken spokes and crunchy freehub body bearings. The...
  8. cameron_15

Jagwire shift kit review - wow!

Just a quick question about these style gear cables. I'm thinking of getting a set as preventative maintainence on my Commuter/Road/Non-mountain bike. The stock Jagwire cables are going fine but these look like they'd provide a bit of an upgrade moving forward. My bike has external routed...
  9. cameron_15

Bike computer suggestions

I just saw Strava is now compatible on my old Samsung GearFit Watch :) Will try using that for now and save my cash for the impending apocalypse!
  10. cameron_15

Early retirement / FIRE

I've recenty started full time work after only being a bike shop bitch previously and spending years studying. I'm looking to set up a budget/Financial overview spreadsheet or tracker. One place where I can keep track of money earnt, spent, invested and taxes etc. Are there any good templates...
  11. cameron_15

Now I'm just confused! Garmin alone has so many different smart watches, let alone all the other manufactures. Garmin Instinct vs Forunner vs Fenix o_O
  12. cameron_15

I've had a look into smart watches as well, that might be the way to go as it'd be awesome to have one device for mountain, road and running as a bike computer is obviously no good for running.
  13. cameron_15

After some more research I've found some interesting products - the Wahoo RFLKT (now discontinued?) and Cateye Padrone Smart bike computers. These connect to your phone and display data from it, basically using the phones GPS/hardware. I initially thought this would be a cool concept - why pay...
  14. cameron_15

Thanks, Bryton 420 looks pretty enticing as well. Will look into that one too
  15. cameron_15

With that in mind I'd be looking at the Lezyne Macro Plus - which seems to have Ant+ and a coule of other features over the Macro easy model. Cheers