Recent content by Calvin27

1. Calvin27

The bike industry crisis

Yep echoed my thoughts exactly. Change of ethos from, we are going to do steel legendary bikes like the rove to whatever that is supposed to be...
  2. Calvin27

The bike industry crisis

Explains why the 153s I'm looking at seem to be ridiculous value!
  3. Calvin27

Bargain buys thread

Rookie ebiker. You don't need to drink water when the bike is doing most of the work. The underside bosses are for a range extender battery! :P
  4. Calvin27

The bike industry crisis

It's kind of sad, those two brands in particular are what I call the people's choice. Kona is a cherished brand for heaps of riders hailing back to the stinky era. Marin is the affordable powerhouse that brings mtb to the masses with sharp pricing. Going by the limited release of kona models...
  5. Calvin27

The HiFi thread

Not strictly HiFi. But my trusty 10 year old sennheisers decided to give up and went through the motions. Shortlisted B&W Px7s2e and XM5. Ended up with the B&W. Somewhat disappointed. The ANC is second to the sony, as is the mic. The build quality and sound quality imo is better. But man this...
  6. Calvin27

Little Things You Hate

Decided to give hte bike a once over before a ride this weekend. Checked and topped up pressures on tyres and shocks. Mixed up pressure for the fork because pikes run pretty low pressure apparently. Anyways it was obviously over pressurised and I noticed on the trail. Too scared to...
  7. Calvin27

Blind rider saying hi

My 2c, a huge part of what you are feeling is actually just modern geometry, and specifically slack (headtube angle). Something like a modern XC hardtail will improve and get your slack numbers back to 'normal' but it comes with its own compromises. Like someone said, hire a few out and see...
  8. Calvin27

The QUICK question thread.....

Did fivetens go to crap and get bought out by someone? had an old pair I used for about 6 years until the sole wore out from the pedal pins and it started absorbing water on wet rides. The current pair I have is already peeling at the toes, 4 months in...
  9. Calvin27

eBike with best reliability and repairable.

Looking at the M820 which has torque sensing and seems to be light 2.3kg (relative to other bafang tank-bricks). Comes with their own battery system and apparently all the frames are bolt in plug and play. This is a relatively new unit though and they did change mount from the M500/600 series...
  10. Calvin27

Pretty much what I am doing. The 20kg weight is because that's about where I'd want it to be. But above all motor reliability. As for suspension design etc, i'm in the camp of them being all more or less the same give or take. I'm not riding at that much of the limit to notice slight geo changes...
  11. Calvin27

Bargain buys thread

jonny sprockets at it again: Torrent frame $549: https://www.jonnysprockets.au/products/21-norco-torrent-ht-steel-frame-29-green Need a fork? Yep got those too: https://www.jonnysprockets.au/collections/suspension Frame and fork for $900, not bad imo.
  12. Calvin27

Thanks, basically just confirms that we are all beta testers for ebike tech lols.
  13. Calvin27

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

On a slightly related note, Why do all hitch racks not have built in light bars, but towball mounted ones do?!
  14. Calvin27

Bargain buys thread

what sort of tiny or large feet do you have?! No 45s unfortunately :(
  15. Calvin27

Fazua Ride 60 riders - Spare battery

For the amount of battery systems/mounts out there? That's a lot of expensive stock just sitting there!