Recent content by caad9

1. caad9

eBike with best reliability and repairable.

It’s funny how they want to go smaller and lighter on the bikes everyone expects to be heavy yet almost every other bike is getting heavier
  2. caad9

Getting into Go Karts

Also this, my dad was so razzed up after a race. Loved the thrill of locking horns with all the other old blokes. The other thing, power to weight ratio, like cycling, is the most important thing. Dropping a few kilos of body weight can make a big difference
  3. caad9

Getting into Go Karts

My old man was doing it for a little while (late 50's to early 60's) He absolutely loved it. Went with another mate who spent all the cash he could to get better and dad took great pride in fiddling with his cart tuning to get faster (Absolute tight arse but also a mechanic). Often besting his...
  4. caad9

2024 World Cup Downhill / EDR

It's probably not so bad paying for Stan in isolation to watch the events, however as @Jpez said and also @ozzybmx in another thread, you quickly end up at a point where you are paying $2k+ per year to subscribe to these various things along with the internet provider to watch it. Eventually the...
  5. caad9

Used SUV's ~$20K pref 7 seats

Whilst the repetitiveness of your gripes is draining @Haakon, you have a real dedication to your cause
  6. caad9

The future of Slopestyle (Mens not going ahead tomorrow, Crankworx)

I saw a comment on VitalMTB that hit the nail on the head. The slopestyle riders need Crankworx infinitely more than Crankworx needs slopestyle.
  7. caad9

Russian Nightclub Bombing...

I bet there’s a few people in Ballarat who would appreciate this approach over the past few weeks
  8. caad9

The future of Slopestyle (Mens not going ahead tomorrow, Crankworx)

Slopestyle competition is a very small percentage of an already small pond. Who actually follows it? Riders can GAGF here, I'm with Mark
  9. caad9

XC Fairlight has arrived....

I like mine but they do not appreciate moisture
  10. caad9

Newly Released Bikes General

Does short track count?
  11. caad9

Electric Vehicles etc

@ashes_mtb I have heard from an informed source that the cars MG present for safety testing are quite different to the end product. Apparently it's reasonably known within the industry not to touch them. Make of it what you will
  12. caad9

What might have been......

Great idea for a thread @Dozer. It's interesting to read peoples stories and see what they reflect back on.
  13. caad9

AM Forbidden Dreadnought Pimp Spec

This is super cool, photos are great and the bike has a very understated amount of matchy matchy.
  14. caad9

2024 World Cup Downhill / EDR

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/photo-story-matt-fairbrother-wins-nz-mtb-rally-entirely-self-supported.html Whilst it's not quite World Cup racing, Matt is an EWS racer and this just needs to be seen by more people.
  15. caad9

Ludicrously expensive bike stuff

I’d take a KTM 300exc and pocket $6k change, thanks