Recent content by BurnieM

1. B

First trail wheelset advice

No question for me as I have DT350 with EX511 J-bend 32 spoke. How much more would it be to go for a custom wheelset ? I believe the EX1700 comes with 28 straight spokes. Is this for a bike that will be sold in 12 months or is it a keeper ? Buy once, cry once...
  2. B

Adapter for 180 to 200 rotor

Yes it does. SM-MA-F180P/P2 works fine for 180 RockShox fork to 200 Sram HS2 rotor.
  3. B

Nerfonomics

See comment about low paying jobs :)
  4. B

Nerfonomics

Can I point out that the cities with affordable cheaper houses are the same ones with low paying jobs. PS There are no 1 bedroom units in Sydney within an hours travel of the CBD for $500K or less.
  5. B

My 170 v 175mm crank experiment: the results are in...

Got to be a lot to do with body size. Height, weight and inner leg measurements would be useful.
  6. B

Women, etc.

Or a hop.
  7. B

Women, etc.

As opposed to alive with no foot ?
  8. B

Rors' non-theoretical pipedream stuffabout hoon bike

With the brakes can you not just unscrew them, swap them over and tighten up ? Often you can get away with reusing the barbed ends and olives. If the lengths are in the ballpark then just leave it. A Shimano bleed funnel or cheapo copy should be about $10. You can probably get away with just a...
  9. B

Chainlines and 12 speed - 2 quick questions

My MRP AMG chainguide/bash guard came with spacer washers. I ended up using different spacers at the bottom than the top mounts. A bit of trial and error removing cranks etc more than once.
  10. B

The QUICK question thread.....

Could be legit. They are not the sharpest tools in the shed. Would still ring them up and check tho.
  11. B

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ROTFLMAO Nobody uses it on motorcycles for that either.
  12. B

Bargain buys thread

Doesn't everybody put $1K DT Swiss wheels on them tho ? I did with my $3K Marin hardtail :)
  13. B

The discount code thread

https://www.pushys.com.au/ 30% off 5-10, Leatt and DMR code FEST30 Ends 11pm Mon 14 Nov
  14. B

Bargain buys thread

https://www.pushys.com.au/ code FEST30 30% off 5-10, Leatt and DMR Ends 11pm Mon 14 Nov
  15. B

Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

I just got 'invited' into the Qantas International Business Lounge; only $69 for Sydney and $59 for Auckland. Aren't Qantas wonderful.