Recent content by BorisBC

1. B

2.2" on a 30mm Rim?

Sweet as mate, I'll give that a shot. Was trying it out last night watching the Wallabies, but got so pissed with the game I couldn't see straight, lol.
  2. B

2.2" on a 30mm Rim?

Hey all, on the weekend I managed to slice open a Maxxis Forekaster 2.6 tyre on the rear. However just last week at the Pushys Car Park sale I picked up the same tyre in 2.2" for $20. Am I on a hiding to nothing trying to fit the 2.2 in place of the 2.6 on a 30mm rim? A quick play suggested...
  3. B

Confessions from the fuckwits

Didn't pack my tools today. Front derailleur cable on the commuter decided to come loose so I only had the small chain ring. It made for a slow but leisurely ride home.
  4. B

Giant Anthem or trance?

I was in this same boat in 2017 and bought a Trance 27.5. Yes it's more bike than what I do with it but I like the geo better than the Anthem. As a big fella I'd rather some overkill than something that's gonna snap underneath me. It's not a great climber, sure, but that's why I have a hardtail...
  5. B

How to How to GoPro.... Bible

Yup that is all good stuff. And that's why I mostly use my gopro for commuting duties these days. So my videos are just full of how fing close that bus got to me or how much that magpie is swooping me. You gotta really want to spend the time as you say to get some good shots to make an...
  6. B

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Swapped the stock Ikons for some Maxxis Refuse on my Fathom to make it a super commuter. My first go at setting up tubeless and it was stupidly easy! Much easier than swapping a tube. Also, I had a spin on an e-mtb.. And I liked it. The electric version of my Fathom actually. It was only in the...
  7. B

Thst sure is a purdy workstation. So much nicer than mine, which is filled with old kids crap. Also put some flats back on my hardtail for a blat around Bruce tomorrow and fixed up a loose crank. Hopefully it stays tight now!
  8. B

"office friendly" commuting shorts

Bit late to the party but Anaconda do some surprisingly good ones. $50 or $35 if you're a member for their Fluid house brand ones. I've been using them for 18 months now and the workplace complaints have dropped dramatically. MTB shorts but not super baggy.
  9. B

Startling moments on the trails

Startling moment was today when I found someone had nicely cut some new tracks where I ride! There's a section of Canberra's Centenary Trail that's 5 mins from my house. Today I found a crew had cut a heap of new berms and lines on some singletrack sections. Needs some rain to bed down but it...
  10. B

Seat post drama day today. Made mine a bit higher at work but was too high so was slow on the way home. Could be worse as a work buddy snapped the seat post clean in half on his commute in!
  11. B

2017 Giant Trance

I'll chuck my 2c in here. I'm a big fella like OP and just bought a Trance 2 after coming from a 2012 Anthem 29er. I'm certainly not a hard charger but after trying both the Trance and the Anthem, the Trance really felt a lot better geo wise for me. No idea about Sydney trails, but on the...
  12. B

Storage / maintenance while off the bike for 6 months

Haha yep that's the way to go! Alternatively, just ride it (carefully!) around the streets to help keep some fitness up. I've been injured for a combo of 10 months out of the last two years (6 + 4 month accidents) and as soon as I could I was riding, either with a moon boot on or just real...
  13. B

Bought a new one! 2017 Giant Trance 2. Quite an upgrade from my 2012 Anthem!
  14. B

Is the forum favorite flat plastic pedal the … ?

I've got some Stolen Thermalite pedals. I bought them as an interim pedal but they have been good so far. Plastic pins that are moulded in but they weigh 370gms and are about $25 online or $35 to $40 in store.
  15. B

Bought some new clothes. Anaconda had baggies for $35 and knicks for $25. Couldn't say no. Dunno what their other store are like but the Canberra one was great for cycling. Giro MTB SPD shoes for $80. If I hadn't already just bought some nikes from DFO I would have got them too.