Recent content by BlakZ

1. BlakZ

Where did I go wrong?

This stack has reminded me why I use elbows guards that have forearm guards too! Solution? Practice. I have done 1000000 stacks like this.
  2. BlakZ

URGE Helmets

I use the enduromatic (standard lid) for all non-DH riding. It's pretty good. Came with a bag, quality sticker sheet and more than enough spare pads and visors. Comfy, stylish, lots of protection down the side and back of head. Very happy. I have a POC carbon fullface but if that ever breaks...
  3. BlakZ

STOLEN Canberrans.....2013 Trek bikes

That is a lot of bikes to hide! They would be stupid to move them on within Canberra, even within the country. They must be really dumb, or have a very grand plan. I imagine theft of ~300,000 is substantial jail time? Maybe they really like the new treks and will be riding them one after...
  4. BlakZ

FTF Winter/Spring Series - Long Gully, Healesville

Awesome photos! Keep up the good work!
  5. BlakZ

Broken wrist recovery

Most simple, yet most annoying injury you can do. I fractured my scaphoid (right, through the waist, non-displaced) in April (easter weekend) and the cast came off nearly 9 weeks later (mid June). I then wore a cycling brace full-time because one doctor told me I should of been in a cast for...
  6. BlakZ

good service at lbs

Yarra Valley Cycles (VIC) continue to give me fantastic service.
  7. BlakZ

Help on updating my bike?

Hi all, see below for pics. It's my first MTB ever. I bought it second hand about a year ago not knowing much about bikes! After buying it I realised the U-Turn function on the forks was broken, so Ive learnt to ride with 135mm of travel. Shortly after buying it I made it a 1 by 9, added...
  8. BlakZ

The Hip Hop thread

Bit disappointed about the lack of oz hiphop on here to be honest! At the moment listening to lots of Mantra, Urthboy, Dialectrix, Drapht, and Maundz (and in general, lots of golden era, SBX and crate cartel). A mate and I try to catch all the shows we can in Melbourne. PM me if you are...
  9. BlakZ

What movie(s) do you never get tired of watching?

Braveheart Batman Begins and Batman Dark Knight Crank 40 year Old Virgin
  10. BlakZ

Slow cooker recipes...

For someone who never uses recipes, you sure like sharing your own (complete with correct weighed portions and options) Made me chuckle! Anyways, just wanted to ask, is the quality of your slow cooker/appliance setup going to strongly impact your final dish? Has anyone bought a bad slow cooker?
  11. BlakZ

Dumb, drunk and racist?

I saw it and some parts made me physically ill. I'd like to hope it is only a small minority bogan part of the australian population.
  12. BlakZ

Shoulder protection

Most long sleeve armour have shoulder protection. Off the top of my head, the 661 assault looks to have a large amount of protection for my shoulder.
  13. BlakZ

Chinese steel quality

I work at BlueScope in product quality. PLEASE BUY AUSSIE!
  14. BlakZ

Tightarse people - share your stories here

workmx, I found your story the most sad out of this whole thread. I've always been the 'tight-arse' of my group. But not like this thread tight-arse, I am just careful with how I spend my money(ie. I spend on bikes and the save for the eventual purchase of property, rather than copius...