Recent content by Binaural

1. Binaural

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

I have worked on projects related to three out of these 4 buzzwords, I feel personally attacked! A lot of stupid spending going on in the tech industry right now.
  2. Binaural

Little Things You Love

Gravel is just a joyless slog on a road bike, at least in the parts of the world I've ridden. In Germany/Austria I did a lot of long backcountry trips in the alps etc., and many of the marked "cycle ways" are gravelled rather than paved. It's slow, you can't corner too hard, rocks ping off your...
  3. Binaural

Derby in Tassi

I know right? I had money set aside from my tax return to hit up Derby again, had a friend lined up to come along, then borders close again. Oh, well.
  4. Binaural

Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

Play with double negatives and you're going to get burned eventually
  5. Binaural

It's not that he's immoral but, there's just something missing from his humanity. The USA has got to make the right choice in November, and even then I would be keeping the closest eye on the transition period. Apart from the expected river of pardons, he'll be certain to get involved in some...
  6. Binaural

The Tool Thread

243 doesn't work very well when the parts are greasy. The lower-grade 222 stuff is what you should be using if you're not cleaning the parts with isopropyl before reassembly.
  7. Binaural

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

I recently bought a Yakima Hold Up 2 - works really well for 1-2 bikes. You do probably need to factor in 100 bucks for a light set though, so not quite as cheap as it looks.
  8. Binaural

Little Things You Hate

If they were running the company well and hitting their targets, that's their money and they earned it. In this case, they are achieving their targets by relying on unpaid labour despite receiving substantial direct funding from the government, in one of the few industries that is thriving in...
  9. Binaural

Little Things You Hate

God that makes my blood boil. Taking jobkeeper and awarding executive bonuses is something that should not happen. If ever there was a time for management to sacrifice to help look after their organisations and their people, it is now. When COVID-19 hit, at our company we set a goal of everybody...
  10. Binaural

Little Things You Hate

LTIH: discovered that my new-ish Ultegra cranks for the roadie (3mo or so) were creaking abominably, after ruling out all the other usual suspects the hard way (reinstalling BB and cranks et al). Discovered that only one of the four crank bolts were loctited (looks like a factory mistake), and...
  11. Binaural

Cable guide

Item: Cable guide that fits with a single bolt underneath a conventional road bike frame (bottom-pull derailleur & rear derailleur) Location: Sydney Item Condition: Reasonable Price and price conditions: Name it, but I reckon up to $20 inc shipping would be fine Extra Info: I've discovered my...
  12. Binaural

Hibike, Starbike, no more Sram to Australia!

Yeah, I quite like MTBDirect but I've never received anything from them fast.
  13. Binaural

Hibike, Starbike, no more Sram to Australia!

Who's using freight forwarding regularly? I am buying a fair bit of Shimano stuff soon and I don't really want to pay way over the odds for the privilege of slower service.
  14. Binaural

He can transition them out in a week, as he can appoint people at his pleasure as the president (at least for political appointeees). This is not strictly best practice, but since Trump has basically built a kakistocracy, he'll need to move swiftly to clean house of the corrupt and the...
  15. Binaural

Tubes vs Tubeless

I am also factoring in rotating your tyres - for daily drivers I do this every 6 months or so to make sure I get even wear. Lot harder to do with sealant dripping everywhere.