Recent content by bikesarefun

1. bikesarefun

Glenworth is Back

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  2. bikesarefun

Glenworth is Back

Bah. This is old news. When can we bring back angry threads complaining about the jumps getting built at oxy?
  3. bikesarefun

Illawarra Escarpment Mountain Bike Draft Strategy: Public Consultation

Ultimately, it will all come down to whether Synergy is able to recruit some legit experienced builders. With Omeo, Mogo and Glenworth all in full swing, might be tough to get a hold of talent. Let's see.
  4. bikesarefun

NSW: Golden Jubilee Oval MTB Area

Time for a gravedig. Jubes is getting another re-build.
  5. bikesarefun

The QUICK question thread.....

This weekend looks good for Bare Creek. Light winds, so most of the bigger stuff should be open. Also plans to re-open the pro-line dirt jumps by Sunday, assuming the dirt cooperates.
  6. bikesarefun

Oxford Falls Meetings with residents and State reps

We're up there working on it every day, and still get those tingles. The expectation remains "public" and "free". However, there's a decent likelihood that people will be encouraged to make an annual donation to a maintenance/improvement fund. The first few months might be a bit of an...
  7. bikesarefun

Update.... Construction well past 50%. Blue, Black and Double Black lines built. Pro-line coming together. Pump track nearly fully asphalted. Work on DJs from next week. Opening in a few months, depending on COVID19 and some other issues.
  8. bikesarefun

Yep. The builders know what they're doing, and the words "like Dirt Merchant" are being used for more than one of the features.
  9. bikesarefun

I'll find out if it's confidential, or for public distribution. It's basically the same as the concept plan, but with jumps on the squiggles.
  10. bikesarefun

Dirt Art has the big 30 tonners on site now. Starting to move large quantities of dirt on Monday. Final detail design approved. It's coming.
  11. bikesarefun

Gravedig. Reaching out to see if any rider who came along to the 7 October 2008 meeting are still around. Let me know....
  12. bikesarefun

Building wooden jumps

All that matters is lip radius. For a beginner jump at daily low speed, make sure it’s at least 2.8m. The lip height will determine release angle. With the dimensions you’re suggesting, I’d say go with a 3.2m radius, and a lip height of abound 1.2 to 1.5m. That’ll provide a mellow confidence...
  13. bikesarefun

Here's a grave dig for ya'll. Just past 9 years since the meeting when O'Dea announced that Belrose landfill could be the long term solution for issues at Oxy. This morning I got an email confirming that we've gotten over the final hurdle, and it time to start tendering for builders...
  14. bikesarefun

Fitness or skill ?

eBike and skill. Lol.
  15. bikesarefun

How to know when jump is set?

If you keep slapping the lip enough during the build, you can often get to the end of the process and it'll be good to go. It's all about pushing out the moisture and air pockets before they end up deep in the structure. I always want to make sure I can stomp my foot hard into the lip...