Recent content by andrew9

1. andrew9

The gaming thread

A quick update, I built this thing last weekend. Including watching a different youtube video for basically every step, it took just under four hours to put together. Nothing about it was hard, except maybe reading the tiny writing on the motherboard. I reckon I could do it in about an hour...
  2. andrew9

Electric Vehicles etc

I'm not clicking on that clickbait looking thumbnail. Can you give us the gist, preferably in two sentences or less?
  3. andrew9

The gaming thread

Don't ask me! I don't know if what I'm building will be good or not. I was almost going to get one of these ASUS ROG STRIX things from officeworks, reviews say they're not bad, but they're ugly and not that cheap...
  4. andrew9

The gaming thread

I looked at the 5700g, even that deal is $80 more than the 12400, which put me off, and I've always had intel. Maybe a cheap AMD compatible motherboard would have balanced it out, but I didn't get that far. https://www.scorptec.com.au/bundle/cpu/intel-socket-1700/1278-bdl-1278 I got this...
  5. andrew9

The gaming thread

A few other people suggested that I'd be fine without a separate graphics card, but get a better processor. I ended up going with; i5 12400 with Graphics Gigabyte B660M DS3H AX DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX Ryzen 16GB (2x8GB), PC4-25600 (3200MHz) DDR4 A faster WD SN570 500gb SSD A better...
  6. andrew9

The gaming thread

I'm looking at building my first ever PC, Not really for gaming, but I do need to run my new ultrawide monitor. It seemed like a cheap gaming build would be the best way to make sure the graphics will be compatible and will also be able to use Display Port cable instead of HDMI. Can anyone who...
  7. andrew9

ACT Found Broken Derailleur preferably DH

my favorite tensioner was a Zee mech, good tension, nice and short with a clutch you can turn on/off, think i used a longer limit screw and a tiny offcut of cable to lock it up You can't run fat chains, but I think i used a 7 speed chain, but other than that, they're perfect. I have one of...
  8. andrew9

SA 190x45 Deluxe

Item: Rock Shox Deluxe R, 190/45, hardware: shaft 40,0x8 mm/body25,0x8 mm, custom tune [1T ML F320] Location: Adelaide, or post Item Condition: Used but all good Reason for selling: Bike Cracked Price and price conditions: $100 pick up or $130 posted Extra Info: Was fitted to my Focus Vice Was...
  9. andrew9

Bargain buys thread

Yes, it's gone now, maybe there is a bit of a delay from when they delete it. It was $350 with carbon cranks, fox fork and shock, a dropper, something like a X1 drivetrain and I think it was carbon too. Looked like a pretty average bike to me, but it is worth at least $1500, probably more
  10. andrew9

Bargain buys thread

I offered them $300, for a bit of fun, and the ad was immediately deleted **Actually I can still see it, but I got a "sorry item no longer available" message. Maybe a scam?
  11. andrew9

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Looks familiar, about 15 years ago I drove a Daihatsu Charade from Adelaide to Sydney. The rear trailing link bolt fell out, and started dragging on the road. luckily it was the rear end of the arm, or it might have pole vaulted the back of the car. I used an Allen key to replace the missing...
  12. andrew9

Electric Vehicles etc

I might be totally wrong, but I had the understanding that many people's transport needs could be met by a slower overnight charge from a standard 10a outlet In metro apartments I would think the average km's to be quite low, and maybe a few bigger chargers could be available for when people...
  13. andrew9

WTD: ISIS Cranks, High rise (80+mm),31.8 Seatpost, GXP Bottom bracket

Are some 170mm "Shimano Octawank" triple cranks any good for you? with 68mm BB $30 posted, I guess
  14. andrew9

OneUp Guide Bolt Size

Without checking, I reckon the caliper brakes i've dealt with were all 6mm mount. A rivnut might work, or someone with a lathe and 10 minutes spare
  15. andrew9

Mechanical discs viable?

last time I tried you could get complete MT500's a bit cheaper than just the BB7 calipers. I have BB7's on my DJ, they're fine, maybe even good, but not for the price. Mechanical are fine, and are my choice for a seldom ridden bike (like a commuter or DJ, maybe not full-on MTB)