Recent content by andio

1. A

Mtb prices gone stupid: The Renovation, Planning Permission & Fkn Tradies (and climate change and dog breeding ethics, +greyhound appreciation) Thread

Presumably when the market changes and there’s and oversupply of bikes (or cars or boats or houses or whatever) and it’s a buyers market, you’re then happy to pay more than what a buyer is asking because that would be the “true value” item? Not having a go at you personally, just pointing out...
  2. A

Sit bone pain

140mm is a skinny saddle not a wide one. Wide saddles are 150mm plus.
  3. A

Where to buy Isopropyl Alcohol?

Can buy it from Coles/Woolies https://shop.coles.com.au/a/sunnybank-hills/product/isocol-antiseptic-rubbing-alcohol
  4. A

Canyon Torque too much or Spectral too little?

Canyon have a 30 day return period so if you get it and you’re not happy just ring them to come and pick it up and give you a refund or order a different bike.
  5. A

Tyres for rocky terrain

Yeah that’s why I have them - for racing and riding daisy hill, Bayview, etc around Brisbane. I had no idea the terrain was going to be as rough and rocky as it is over here. I’ve ordered a pair of Minions today.
  6. A

Tyres for rocky terrain

I did have that in mind, thanks.
  7. A

Tyres for rocky terrain

Thanks Oddjob.
  8. A

Tyres for rocky terrain

Oh I thought I should also mention the bontrager wheels I have pre-date the current trend of 25-30mm internal rim width and are maybe 21mm.
  9. A

Tyres for rocky terrain

Hi all, I'm looking for advice on tyres. I'm living in Ontario, Canada for a few months and have brought my MTB over. I have a 2013 Trek Fuel EX9.8 which is the last of the 26" Trek's and it's running Schwalbe Racing Ralph's. The terrain here is rocks piled on rocks with more rocks. There's...
  10. A

Air Compressor ?

Yep I've got an ARB one without a tank and it works fine.
  11. A

Changing it up, moving to 1x11 SRAM XX1

I've bought stuff from Jenson USA and had it shipped here, or is it that particular brand they won't ship?