Recent content by Alexxx

1. A

Carbonda FM936

Minor update, snapped the chain last night and my knee managed to hit something on the way down. Only has 450km so figure it's a defect and planning to use a quick link to fix it. Other changes since the build were changing the cranks to MT 900 with a 32t chainring (still want something bigger...
  2. A

Bargain buys thread

Broke my chain last night, only 450km on it and luckily bikebug has quicklinks on special. XTR 2 pack for $12.99. https://www.bikebug.com/shimano-xtr-cn910-quick-link-for-12-speed-chains-p-95323.html Got a chain as well at $59.99, still cheaper than Pushys on special...
  3. A

What do you use for stopping internal cable rattle?

It's easier to take off the forks to run the foam then pull the cables back and push them through the ports. The rattle might be coming from the chainstays, I've had this before and figured it wasn't worth the effort to try and fix it.
  4. A

What do you use for stopping internal cable rattle?

Not sure what you consider low cost but your local shop should have some for a few $ https://www.theoddspoke.com.au/jagwire-internal-housing-dampener-foam-roll-4mm-5mm-housing-hose I got some foam cable housing from AliExpress, $14 for 1.5m. Took the cables up through the headtube put the foam...
  5. A

DJ around Sydney. Should I get a 2nd hand DJ bike?

Not sure if the BMX track at Olympic Park is worth adding to the list as well, catch the train and quite a few spots for some street riding on the way.
  6. A

Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

Ordered from AliExpress on 6th Jan and it took longer to get across Sydney than it did to get from China to Aus. Then gets processed by Australia Post a day after my complaint after sitting around for more than a month. Another item ordered on 17th Jan arrived on 4th Feb so there doesn't seem...
  7. A

You've just won $5,000,000..............what do you do with it?

Do nothing for 1 year so I get accustomed to having the money. So still go to work and do everything as usual without touching it. Then set up a trust to make sure I can't lose it all if I make some bad decisions, sell my current properties, use the trust to buy a few more along with a mix of...
  8. A

Bargain buys thread

Hopefully bikebug prices and min order for free delivery don't change.
  9. A

Bargain buys thread

Bargain? Not sure how this is different to a normal Fox 36 but for $688 it should do the job. @zooks enduro build? https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/au/en/fox-suspension-36-e-float-performance-boost-fork-2020/rp-prod208340
  10. A

Carbonda FM936

First ride and it feels really nice. I thought it would feel harsh with 30mm less travel than my Genius but it actually felt really good especially for small bump sensitivity but I'm wondering if that has something to do with the foam grips. Before the next ride I'm going to put more air in the...
  11. A

Drive train options

There is an issue where they stop 'clicking' so you push and nothing happens. I had this issue and Shimano replaced it under warranty no questions asked. Google search for 'XTR M9100 shifter issue' will bring up a few results.
  12. A

Drive train options

If you go with Shimano 12 speed I would stick with an XT shifter, the XTR shifter has a known issue which Shimano covers under warranty but you would be without a shifter for a few weeks. I've been running SLX, XT, and XTR lately for the $$$ I would use SLX at the back with an XT shifter up...
  13. A

Carbonda FM936

Yep given the weather lately I think I'll be needing the mudguards, if I have trouble up hills I'll change to my other cranks which have a smaller chainring. I've got a needle bearing on the way so didn't want to do the cabling then have to pull out the shock to install the needle bearing...
  14. A

Carbonda FM936

All built up, no time to take it off road yet but seemed okay pedalling around on the balcony. Somehow I managed to scratch the dropper stanchion, so going to try sandpaper and autosol to smooth it out. When I measured for the dropper I did BB to seat clamp without accounting for the...
  15. A

Chamferless Sockets

Cheap socket and sandpaper, put sandpaper on a flat surface and put socket on a drill.