What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Is time for the dually to get shelved for a while pending an overhaul with forks, bearings, front and rear cogs, brake levers, tyres, grips amongst other things, so I got the hardtail back together and headed to the Youies yesterday.

Shakey on the bones, but quick and smooth pedaling.

IMG_20230524_112328_copy_1305x1741.jpg

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Is time for the dually to get shelved for a while pending an overhaul with forks, bearings, front and rear cogs, brake levers, tyres, grips amongst other things, so I got the hardtail back together and headed to the Youies yesterday.

Shakey on the bones, but quick and smooth pedaling.

View attachment 399858
Any idea roughly how many km's on the cogs on the dually?

wkkie

Any idea roughly how many km's on the cogs on the dually?
About 3500km and still look like they, and the belt, have plenty of life.

Just going from the black light alloy version to the silver stainless version. For no reason other than I'm taking them off for the bearing change so doing all those bits at once.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Wonder if those would fit a Durolux...
I have a Durolux 36 but its only got small ~4mm hex bolts up near the seals. Yours the same ? If you have a higher model with bigger bleed threads, I'll send you my dud plugs to try :)

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Took my bike to work for a planned AWR (after-work-ride). Rained all day at work but I kept the faith and sure enough it stopped like clockwork at 4pm (which was a novelty because usually it starts at 4pm in time for the drive home).

Turns out 1.6mm of rain is the perfect amount for the Youies as the trails were fucking outstanding. Good times.
Compress_20230525_192943_3194.jpg

EDIT: The drive out was eventful, with some hooligan roos on the road and a tawny frog mouth (?).
VideoCapture_20230525-201843.jpg

20230525_194849.jpg

Last edited:

wkkie

I have a Durolux 36 but its only got small ~4mm hex bolts up near the seals. Yours the same ? If you have a higher model with bigger bleed threads, I'll send you my dud plugs to try :)
Mine hasn't arrived just yet, but I dare say it'll be the same... I was just thinking out loud. :)

ozzybmx

Mine hasn't arrived just yet, but I dare say it'll be the same... I was just thinking out loud. :)
Its definitely a thing. Air does get into the lowers and make the fork feel like shit.

When I done the Luftkappe, its only that little bottom air spring seal stopping ~100psi escaping without it being compressed to god know what pressure on the seals.

I was loosening off the 'dud plugs' before every ride, you can even see the allen key wear on the plugs.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Its definitely a thing. Air does get into the lowers and make the fork feel like shit.

When I done the Luftkappe, its only that little bottom air spring seal stopping ~100psi escaping without it being compressed to god know what pressure on the seals.

I was loosening off the 'dud plugs' before every ride, you can even see the allen key wear on the plugs.
If you’re getting that much transfer your seals are munted imo.

ozzybmx

If you’re getting that much transfer your seals are munted imo.
I'm not, just after a while I can feel it on forks that don't have bleeders. Therefore fitted bleeder on these forks and press before every ride.