COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
But all of these examples are symptoms of shitty Government and regulation. If we stay awake enough to keep the bastards honest, then privacy will remain a peripheral issue.

The cynic in me is a strong believer that you should never attribute to malfeasance what can be explained by incompetence. Even in the face of ever growing surveillance and use of AI I'm not seeing a lot of evidence to dissuade me from Occam's razor's idiot cousin.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
Keeping governments honest might work if Governments were open to sharing their data as well as having yours.

You can’t keep bureaucrats honest when they can tie you up in process. Most at a very senior level are self serving to their own careers they loose touch with what is ethical and fair. it becomes a case of how far they can push the rules to get outcomes.
There is already an imbalance and a huge failed history without giving govs more data to misuse.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Got around to getting my 4th shot yesterday (got covid when I was supposed to get it mid-year).
So the new bi-variant version, really sore arm this morning (couldn't roll onto my left side in bed), a stiff neck, and the head feels as though it is full of cotton wool.
No fever this time around though.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Well, folks it looks as though we are in for one of those winters again. In the last two weeks:
- Contractor had their whole site management team of 10 go down with covid within a week;
-1 client has lost their team of 4 to covid;
- We have lost 2 surveillance people to cold/ flu;
- My three bosses are out with covid after a meeting last week
-My wife and son are sick with cold/ flu

And winter is just starting

Last edited:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Nah, two of them are good blokes... the other well you know...
However, I know one of them hasn't had Covid before and isn't current with his booster shots. So it will be interesting to see how he gets on.
My work life flows so much better when people aren't around fluffing their peacock feathers to see who is the dominant one and tick off KPI's for a fat bonus.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Well, folks it looks as though we are in for one of those winters again. In the last two weeks:
- Contractor had their whole site management team of 10 go down with covid within a week;
-1 client has lost their team of 4 to covid;
- We have lost 2 surveillance people to cold/ flu;
- My three bosses are out with covid after a meeting last week
-My wife and son are sick with cold/ flu

And winter is just starting
I was in charge of organising the flu stab for our office and was surprised I only got just over half signing up honestly thought I would have more given possibility for high flu rates this winter.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I was in charge of organising the flu stab for our office and was surprised I only got just over half signing up honestly thought I would have more given possibility for high flu rates this winter.
I don't get the flu jab because it makes me I'll, had it 4 times in 20yrs and havent had it now for about 4-5 years now. Same with the corona jab, got my required double dose, was a bit low on the first and was I'll for a couple of weeks on the second.

Done with jabs until Covid-24 ;)

Even my place that usually has a good turn out of flu jabbers, was down on participants this year.