Crash Pics Thread

Freediver

I can go full Karen
The heat would be radiated from the fire to his skin and then have to conduct to get to the plate. The plate couldn't get hotter than the skin and meat between it and the fire and the thermoreceptors and nociceptors are in the skin.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
The heat would be radiated from the fire to his skin and then have to conduct to get to the plate. The plate couldn't get hotter than the skin and meat between it and the fire and the thermoreceptors and nociceptors are in the skin.
Cool, it was just a funny story at the time.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Could have been the plates being cooler than the flesh around, giving the sensation of hot?

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I have been building some trails on my property and went down to take some measurements for a little timber feature. Everything is soft still and I was just cruising down on the trail bike in my steel cap boots with a measuring tape on my hip. Went over what must be the smallest jump and somehow ended up with my right boot through the triangle. Landed on my side as my foot was caught up. Got up and noticed the crunchiness in the shoulder. Sore hip from landing on my tape measure too.
Surgeons said they would plate it up on Tuesday or Wednesday if I want, otherwise just leave it. I think I will take them up on the offer.View attachment 398563
Welcome to the clavicle club!
1681166083125.png

I never got mine plated so I have this lump there. The only time it bothers me is if I carry a took (fire rake or something) on my shoulder.

teK--

Eats Squid
Be some stitches to come?
(this was last weekend btw)

I was gonna tough it out but then a mate saw the pics and said go get stitches.

Went to a late night clinic and they said nar, it's too f'ed up nothing to stitch together mate. Nurse just steristripped it and patched me up then sent me home with a script for some cream.

Might have something to do with it was 10pm on a sunday night and the doc just wanted to go home ha ha.

it's healing along nicely though. so maybe he was right after all :confused:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That seems a bit odd. It looks plenty grim! Skin on the lower leg seems to peel back with a lot of vigour. I have had 2 similar incidents, both on my right leg. The first was a cut from (exaggerated a little here...but roughly) from just above my ankle to a little below my knee. The doctor gave me 5 stitches for the serious bit and the rest was mild. The other ended up with 24 stitches all around my Achilles. I think all the spikes got me.

Hopefully it's a speedy recovery and the bike has no time to gather dust or rust

teK--

Eats Squid
That seems a bit odd. It looks plenty grim! Skin on the lower leg seems to peel back with a lot of vigour. I have had 2 similar incidents, both on my right leg. The first was a cut from (exaggerated a little here...but roughly) from just above my ankle to a little below my knee. The doctor gave me 5 stitches for the serious bit and the rest was mild. The other ended up with 24 stitches all around my Achilles. I think all the spikes got me.

Hopefully it's a speedy recovery and the bike has no time to gather dust or rust
Sounds nasty!

Mine has proper scabbed up and I'm walking around on it properly now, so should be right to jump back on the bike next weekend after this rain hopefully clears.

The ironic thing is i was actually going to put the old chromag dagga pins back on, the night before. Super sharp but grippy af. The question is whether they would have given me enough grip to not slip off, or whether I would have still come off but the pedal cuts my whole leg off instead.

What do you guys prefer?

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Less nasty and more unfortunate placements of injury.

The alternative pins await you...

I currently don't have any knee-shin pads. They aren't trendy enough at the moment and I feel naked riding without them.
Separate knee and shin pads works fine, IMO. poc vpd 2.0 + the poc vpd shins fit well and don't move. my 661 shins are ok but it takes some faffing with the 3 velcro tabs at the back to get them just right if you don't have stick legs.

There's nothing to protect you from the pins ripping up the back of your leg, but I haven't seen shin pads that will guard against that.

teK--

Eats Squid
Stick legs...not a concern here. I ran set after set after set of the tld Lopez set up and ideally something like that will eventually pop up.
Damn that's OG!

it's it funny though how we go full circle?

Starting off... wearing full face and pads all the time.

then it gets too hot, you get too lazy or over confident, and start wearing less and less gear. Until one day you have a massive off and start kitting back up again until the cycle repeats.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Damn that's OG!

it's it funny though how we go full circle?

Starting off... wearing full face and pads all the time.

then it gets too hot, you get too lazy or over confident, and start wearing less and less gear. Until one day you have a massive off and start kitting back up again until the cycle repeats.

I don't really pedal around much.

Cyclomaniac

Likes Dirt
Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this but has any of you had nerve problems in you arm after collar bone surgery? It's been 5 weeks since the accident and 4 weeks since the surgery (spent a whole week waiting including three days on a bed in day surgery only to be sent home each day). Straight after the op I couldn't straighten my elbow. The radial nerve was so tight it felt like it was going to tear out of my wrist. The pain in my wrist and forearm has been worse than the shoulder. The surgeon denied it had anything to do with the operation because there are no nerves anywhere near the collarbone and that it must have been the nurses or my fault. Dr google confirmed he is a gutless liar. My GP told me to go see a physio, my physio gave me some stretches and exercises but they seem to be making it worse. I will see him again this week.
I can slowly straighten my elbow now but it is nowhere near 100%. Any advice?

PJO

in me vL comy
Talk more to the physio, ask lots of questions about the exercises and what they are for.
If they have given you nerve stretching exercises they are very different to muscle and mobility exercises and you'll need to take it slow.
Stretching nerves is a long process.

Also, try not to worry too much about how it happened or whose fault it is. You can develop a victim mindset which can worsen or completely inhibit your recovery. Life is like a game of cards sometimes you're dealt an awesome hand and other times you get the crap, but you gotta play every hand so make the most of them.