Derby in Tassi

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Heading up first week of April. I am an expert at cuddling trees.
Nice ! Jealous too. Hope you get the weather to smile upon you.

If this new trail starts up around Trouty, it would be awesome if they could get a shuttle up there.
Must come down the SW side and land around Berms'n'Ferns or Rusty Crusty. The NE side of the hill is straight down in to the Ringarooma river.

Will be the end of the year again for me.

jrewing

Eats Squid
Nice ! Jealous too. Hope you get the weather to smile upon you.

If this new trail starts up around Trouty, it would be awesome if they could get a shuttle up there.
Must come down the SW side and land around Berms'n'Ferns or Rusty Crusty. The NE side of the hill is straight down in to the Ringarooma river.

Will be the end of the year again for me.
Needs shuttles somewhere further than black stump.

ozzybmx

Trouty is my most favourite trail ever. Reckon Strava says I've ridden it 12 times BUT its a major pain in the ass to get to.

The last time were were there in Nov 22, the shuttle company took us up to Atlas via Mutual Road, there must be a back door road that buggies could access from there after it crosses the river.

@pixelpuppet country, he's bound to know a good shortcut by now ;)

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
You can get shuttled to Big Papa on Atlas in the side by sides from Evolution. That cuts out a lot of the climbing on Kruskas but it's still a long loop back.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
That's what dented the Derby vibe for me, that and the one way back to the town / shuttle pick up got pretty repetitive. Compared to somewhere like Bright where you can be dumped at the very top and have so many options to get back down again.

ozzybmx

You can get shuttled to Big Papa on Atlas in the side by sides from Evolution. That cuts out a lot of the climbing on Kruskas but it's still a long loop back.
Some people push up from the bottom of Trouty.

The quickest route I've ever taken was riding up Krushkas downhill. I just listened carefully for riders coming down... met nobody at all.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
That's what dented the Derby vibe for me, that and the one way back to the town / shuttle pick up got pretty repetitive. Compared to somewhere like Bright where you can be dumped at the very top and have so many options to get back down again.
10 years ago commercial MTB shuttles in Australia barely existed, and now we need shuttles to multiple locations. Who'd have thunk it?

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Based on the first video i've seen of Cuddles, looks wide & fast as f.

Only really a few optional proper features, and one big double black roll/drop. Like Trouty though, once it get some tyres & Tassie weather on it, will probably get more washed out and techy.