Electric Vehicles etc

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Cold air thrusters and 1.1 second 0-100 :oops:

I'm struggling to see why bother? You can't race it and it's not really usable on the road. And unlike a Valkyrie it's a very limited track car.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I'm struggling to see why bother? You can't race it and it's not really usable on the road. And unlike a Valkyrie it's a very limited track car.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
For pure wank factor of being able to say you have the fastest accelerating production car.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
For pure wank factor of being able to say you have the fastest accelerating production car.
Exactly, because he can. Musk has an impressive resume of cock waving stunts that never come to fruition.

Considering the Spurling needs 2t of fan downforce to keep the wheels from spinning, achieving 0-100 in 1.4secs.

This (apparent) roadster with the cold thrusters is basically a jet car and will never see production.

We may see the roadster in normal guise breaking the S Plaids record of 1.99secs but only by a bees dick.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I really wish Tesla would think through there production time lines before announcing things. How long over due is the Roadster now? It would of been ground breaking if it released a year after it was announced, but now with the Rimac and Pininfarina Battista its really not going to get much headline, it'll be a touch slower (non gas thruster version) and a fair bit cheaper, but nothing that special by todays standards.
There are people that paid a $50k deposit for it 5 years ago, surely thats getting into scam territory.

Stredda

I really wish Tesla would think through there production time lines before announcing things. How long over due is the Roadster now? It would of been ground breaking if it released a year after it was announced, but now with the Rimac and Pininfarina Battista its really not going to get much headline, it'll be a touch slower (non gas thruster version) and a fair bit cheaper, but nothing that special by todays standards.
There are people that paid a $50k deposit for it 5 years ago, surely thats getting into scam territory.
Yes, I'm not sure why old Musk continues to make all these unachievable timelines. Is it just to drum up headlines and investment or does he really underestimate how long these things will take? There's only so long of not making deadlines (by years) that investors will decide to go elsewhere.
I might just be a shoot for the star's philosophy, where you know you won't reach them, but by trying to, you'll get higher than you would do with an easy hit to target.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Yeah, but when he does come up with the goods it's still industry leading (usually by a lot) and is exceeding projections on a lot of stuff.

Stredda

Yeah, but when he does come up with the goods it's still industry leading (usually by a lot) and is exceeding projections on a lot of stuff.
Agreed.
There's still nothing really out there that has the innovation of Tesla. Things that traditional car makers are good at like fit and finish has been a challenge for Tesla but they are pretty much there now. It will be interesting to see what the next generation of Teslas will bring.

Stredda

It's a pretty excellent paradox that most people on Truth Social hate EV's and think climate change is a myth but like Elon now that he's shown his cooker side.
Yes, and they hate communists but admire Putin and they can never see the hypocrisy.

Stredda

Maybe this has been shown before

Na, I hadn't seen that one.
I think bikes will take longer to go all electric for a couple of reasons.
They aren't as efficient as an electric car due to the aerodynamics not being as optimal as what you can do with a car hindering range at highway speeds and the limited weight for regenerative braking.
There's also the (more western ideal) traditional motorcycle buyer, who is buying the bike not for practicality (you would just buy a car) but for the feeling it gives you.
Where they will first most likely take off is the small city bikes and scooters. Same goes for off road. Trials and MX bikes where range and high speeds aren't as much of a concern, and it will be a while later where you will see big adventure and dual sport bike go electric.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Na, I hadn't seen that one.
I think bikes will take longer to go all electric for a couple of reasons.
They aren't as efficient as an electric car due to the aerodynamics not being as optimal as what you can do with a car hindering range at highway speeds and the limited weight for regenerative braking.
There's also the (more western ideal) traditional motorcycle buyer, who is buying the bike not for practicality (you would just buy a car) but for the feeling it gives you.
Where they will first most likely take off is the small city bikes and scooters. Same goes for off road. Trials and MX bikes where range and high speeds aren't as much of a concern, and it will be a while later where you will see big adventure and dual sport bike go electric.
Just imagine an electric Harley, they will include a petrol motor. Not to charge the battery but to run with an open exhaust so you know the rider is still a fuckwit.