The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Im a little behind...didn't scomo arrange (fuck up) the submarines?
Yes.

We could have had French nuclear submarines pretty much now, which would have happily served for 40 years for $40 billion.

Instead we gave the French $0.5 billion for fucking them over and now we are lubing up to pay $368bn so we can have some submarines maybe in 15 years time. But knowing how hopeless defence procurement is, more like 25 years.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Yes.

We could have had French nuclear submarines pretty much now, which would have happily served for 40 years for $40 billion.

Instead we gave the French $0.5 billion for fucking them over and now we are lubing up to pay $368bn so we can have some submarines maybe in 15 years time. But knowing how hopeless defence procurement is, more like 25 years.

Hang on... we get three end of life ones that the US were about to scrap for a measly few billion in a couple of years....

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yes.

I see...so this is the ramifications of the scomo deal being foisted onto Albo? Or has Albo managed to make a shit deal even shitter?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Hang on... we get three end of life ones that the US were about to scrap for a measly few billion in a couple of years....

The end of life ones are Los Angeles class but it looks like we would get Virginia class Block I or II some time in the 2030s. The first of these were commissioned in 2004 and have a theoretical life till 2050s.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Yes.

Trouble with the French ones is they keep doing clutches and the parts aren't available and @Haakon would have one in his back yard in 20 years.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes.

Even worse, we could have just Japanese diesel boats from around 2014-15. Abbott was all set to announce the deal and then pulled out at the last minute because South Australian LNP reps thought bit would kill their chances at the election as we'd be buying off the shelf rather than making them here

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Even worse, we could have just Japanese diesel boats from around 2014-15. Abbott was all set to announce the deal and then pulled out at the last minute because South Australian LNP reps thought bit would kill their chances at the election as we'd be buying off the shelf rather than making them here
I worked with some of the tech people from the Collins class project. Made me feel sorry for the submariners.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I worked with some of the tech people from the Collins class project. Made me feel sorry for the submariners.
Yup, not a job I'd want to be doing.

My wife works in Defence recruiting. Across the ADF they are missing recruiting targets by a large margin which grows each quarter.
The submariner role misses by the largest amount each time and has for decades. These nuc boats need larger crews than the Collins, f-knows where the crew are coming from, now or in the future

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes.

We would be building them now and blowing the budget trying to finish them with dates getting pushed to the never never.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Yup, not a job I'd want to be doing.

My wife works in Defence recruiting. Across the ADF they are missing recruiting targets by a large margin which grows each quarter.
The submariner role misses by the largest amount each time and has for decades. These nuc boats need larger crews than the Collins, f-knows where the crew are coming from, now or in the future
Well it's unlikely that the hazing rituals exposed years ago ever actually stopped.....

Goundhog day?