New bike time??

indica

Serial flasher
We have decent long travel bikes, looking for maybe something else as I have not been riding and am moving house. GT Sanction and Kona Process.
Terrain is probably gravel, fire road and roads.
I don't like hardtails - it's been so long riding full suspension bikes I cannot pedal on one without feeling unco.

Thoughts suggestions ridicule and abuse all welcome.

Last edited:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I have a Road/CX to Enduro and everything inbetween.

Go an 'adventure' bike with capabilities of 29 x 2.4.

I have a Nukeproof Scout HT and a Cotic BFE Max HT, none of them get ridden by me.

Its either mountain on a FS or gravel on the adventure bike.

The loss in energy used trying to pedal a 13kg HT on gravel or smooth trail with knobblies is disheartening.

BTW my adventure bike started off as a 29 steel HT, drops bars and roadie shifters transformed it to the awesome bike it is now. Its better now as an adventure bike than it ever was as a HT. Decent rolling tyres for gravel with a line of knobs on the outside make it a fast bike over easy terrain.

c2.jpg

20210720_142337.jpg

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Dirt jump / thrash around hard tails are awesome. Probably my most used bike (time wise, not kms). Steel or aluminium, just something solid and cheap. Lock it up outside the pub. Ghost it off a jump into the bushes for laughs. Anything goes!

I have a Nukeproof Scout HT and a Cotic BFE Max HT, none of them get ridden by me.
Something something … buy my cotic?
(Edit: too slow I see)

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
@ozzybmx i like the yellow one
Its an awesome bike, now has a 160mm fork and 29" tyres. Pity it comes in at 14.5kg which is the same weight as my Deviate, my FS Spur is 11kg and is a really fast bike.

The steel adventure bike is sub 10kg and has been ridden on blue trails (slow), I also rode every trail at the You Yangs on it back when it was a fully rigid geared HT MTB.

It goes great as a drop bar adventure bike, still has the same forks, just repainted and drop bars.

20140326_114914.jpg

EDIT.

indy2.JPG

Last edited: