Little Things You Hate

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Jared Graves hit by a car on his road bike. Youch.

http://instagr.am/p/CpljfARSb_b/
Fuck, much ouch.

Was that in Toowoomba? Australia really needs to change the road rules to the EU model so that in an accident with a bike the driver is automatically at fault and incidents like this attract a criminal charge.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
Presumed liability. There was an advocacy group in QLD who were fighting for this exact law to pass. They might have succeeded in QLD. I'm not 100% sure though.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Yesterday I heard a few odd noises up the side of my house and just assumed that it was my neighbour in his place. When I went outside not long after my wheelbarrow that had been just passed my door had been moved in front of the door and somebody had used a broom that wasn't mine to prop open my rubbish bin. I thought it was freaking odd but must have been a mate and I didn't hear the knock.
I had a fixie that my brother in law gave me which I used as a beater for a short while but managed to kill with inappropriate use. After a failed attempt at bunny hopping a gutter it got put up the side of my house and forgotten about after a bit of time trying to give it away.
It needed a new back rim, the seatpost was stuck, new pedals were required but it still had a bit of purple Cane Creek bling that would have made it useful to somebody for parts or to restore. If a complete stranger had asked, they could have had it and I would have been glad to see it gone.
Instead, this morning I notice some lowlife came into my space and stole it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yesterday I heard a few odd noises up the side of my house and just assumed that it was my neighbour in his place. When I went outside not long after my wheelbarrow that had been just passed my door had been moved in front of the door and somebody had used a broom that wasn't mine to prop open my rubbish bin. I thought it was freaking odd but must have been a mate and I didn't hear the knock.
I had a fixie that my brother in law gave me which I used as a beater for a short while but managed to kill with inappropriate use. After a failed attempt at bunny hopping a gutter it got put up the side of my house and forgotten about after a bit of time trying to give it away.
It needed a new back rim, the seatpost was stuck, new pedals were required but it still had a bit of purple Cane Creek bling that would have made it useful to somebody for parts or to restore. If a complete stranger had asked, they could have had it and I would have been glad to see it gone.
Instead, this morning I notice some lowlife came into my space and stole it.
A pain I am familiar with. The violation of justice is too real.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
LTIH: Innocuous finger injuries that have the potential to keep me off the bike for a couple of weeks.

Got finger banged at work today (easy you deviates, I mean banged my finger :p ).

Lifted a bearing housing off a second housing and the lower housing tilted sideways and bunted the tip of my RH ring finger and promptly popped my nail off the nail bed all the way back to the cuticle. Instant blood but not too much pain. Maybe, MAYBE the nail will just grow out, but fair chance I'll lose it.

Last edited:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
A lot of that sounds like Ford are just covering up for their woeful build quality and electrical gremlins.

Jokes aside, fuck this shit where everything needs to be internet connected. Just the most recent means of planned obsolescence now things are becoming so mechanically reliable (if reasonably well maintained).

Flow-Rider

Burner
A lot of that sounds like Ford are just covering up for their woeful build quality and electrical gremlins.

Jokes aside, fuck this shit where everything needs to be internet connected. Just the most recent means of planned obsolescence now things are becoming so mechanically reliable (if reasonably well maintained).
That's why I never wanted an electric derailleur on a bike, enough electrical tech around me without adding more. The bike computer I have needs to upload to strava via a phone app, the current phone app for this device only supports android 7 and above, I find an older version of the app to suit my phone and it has glitches because you can no longer update, then I want to run a cadence sensor and the speed recorded via the GPS on the bike computer, but no, halfway through the ride the bike computer shuts down the speed recordings because it's now looking for the speed sensor that isn't connected.