Bargain buys thread

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I had started a dialog with Bradley at the time, he wanted what I thought was an unrealistic amount for the business, he never got back to me, and then disappeared off the face of the earth.
Yeah, Brad had a bit going on I reckon. Shame Tekin didn’t continue but it’s demise and subsequent rise of other service providers shows (I think) that the shop brand doesn’t hold a lot of value and reputation can be built

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Found an ad on farcebook late yesterday for a pile of tyres at $20 each. Went and had a look today, walked out with 7 tyres and barely made a dent in his pile
Most of it is 275 stuff, but still plenty of 29 as well, zero 26 . Also mostly 2.4 and up in width, and a lot of tyres that are either new or super close to it.
Hit him up and stock up on some tyres, I'm definitely good for a while now

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Lucaw

Next in line
Found an ad on farcebook late yesterday for a pile of tyres at $20 each. Went and had a look today, walked out with 7 tyres and barely made a dent in his pile
Most of it is 275 stuff, but still plenty of 29 as well, zero 26 . Also mostly 2.4 and up in width, and a lot of tyres that are either new or super close to it.
Hit him up and stock up on some tyres, I'm definitely good for a while now

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Fuuuuck, I need new tyres for the clash. I wonder if he ships?

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Shame Tekin didn’t continue but it’s demise and subsequent rise of other service providers shows (I think) that the shop brand doesn’t hold a lot of value and reputation can be built
More that the reputation of individual operators is heavily dependent on the individual, not the business name or brand.

Also rekon he's shooting himself in the foot for being so public about selling. You are basically telling the whole mtb community this business is changing hands. Basically if you are doing a good job then for customers, there is only downside risk.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Yeah, Brad had a bit going on I reckon. Shame Tekin didn’t continue but it’s demise and subsequent rise of other service providers shows (I think) that the shop brand doesn’t hold a lot of value and reputation can be built
I don't think it would be hard to beat the level of customer service that is offered in this field, I've had 2 decent run-ins with the 2 famous shops in Brisbane, and talk about overcharging too. One used a disguised account on e-bay to flog off used parts as new and then got upset when I called him out, the other I had a rude interaction with the worker in front of the owner's father.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Yep.

Stock, equipment and goodwill, when broken down individually, factoring in liabilities, was easily 3-5 times my start up costs. People very often confuse what a business is worth, and don’t treat themselves as an employee. If it cannot pay directors fees/dividends to them and pay for another individual to perform their role, it’s a small business, and gets valued as such. It’s human nature to over value a small businesses true value.

Goodwill on a business where the owner is the possessor of the goodwill, not the business, makes it worthless when that individual leaves.

This was explicitly demonstrated to me in 2019. I had two mates in business as a partnership, business provided services to cinemas, supplying and installing screens and curtains. Apart from some small revenue from ongoing repairs and maintenance, the only assets the business owned was goodwill, the cash in the bank was for ato debts about to fall due, no current projects on the go, but some coming up.

One partner necks himself. This individual didn’t have a will, and somehow the partnership, despite best intentions and steps to make it happen, didn’t have a legally binding partnership agreement. So it instantly gets messy. The family of the dearly departed turn nasty straight away. Accountants and solicitors are engaged. The business cannot continue to trade as a partnership so it’s dissolved. The individual on death, erased their goodwill, and the business was worthless.

PJO

in me vL comy
Anyone looking for a large 29" hardtail frame in Melbourne:

creaky

XMAS Plumper
50% off Forestal eebs at Pushys … I guess it counts as a bargain?

No idea of their reputation but the pricing seems almost attainable at 50% off.

1677975658093.jpeg