The gaming thread

Minlak

custom titis
No I'm not.
90 day wait plus be an active member.

I think I used to be circa 2004....
You are active from day 1 but they don't give you access to the Sale Forums until you have been a member for 90 days and made 5 posts - I had a quick look last night for you and there were a few 1650 supers but nothing exactly what you are asking for - But there were a few better cards seemed to be good value

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Appreciate this may not be the forum for it but is anyone here looking to offload a NVIDIA GPU?
Looking for a GTX 1660 super
There's a few on eBay. Although for the cost there are some Radeon rx6600 for not much more.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Ackland

chats d'élevage
There's a few on eBay. Although for the cost there are some Radeon rx6600 for not much more.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
eBay is killing me... I've lost 5x auctions this week.
Price is super variable.
I much prefer buy it now or reasonable cost.
Fwiw needs to be an NVIDIA GPU for zwift as it's open gl based and the Radeon cards, despite getting a recent open gl bump, are still way behind for this specific application

Ackland

chats d'élevage
You are active from day 1 but they don't give you access to the Sale Forums until you have been a member for 90 days and made 5 posts - I had a quick look last night for you and there were a few 1650 supers but nothing exactly what you are asking for - But there were a few better cards seemed to be good value
A 1650 would probably do it.
How much are they going for?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
A 1650 would probably do it.
How much are they going for?
It will do it alright, I have a 1650 Super in my good computer, which processes 4k/5.3k video and also runs Zwift. Zwift uses bugger all of the card when running, even when in a big bunch of people giving ride-ons.

Run your analysis on https://zwiftalizer.com/upload

Its a good tool for working out where your connection failures are, whether it be graphics or sensors.

gfhfhdgfhdg.jpg

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
The new System Shock is out in a month or so, have you looked at it?
I just looked on Steam, there is a stream of a Dev playing a Demo or something right now. Looks good. I never played the original. I'm sure the original would look like an atari game in comparison lol

kbekus

Likes Dirt
yeah the original came out in the early 90s, the graphics haven't aged well but the game was pretty special, one of the very few I've actually completed. I'm looking forward to the remaster.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I never played Half Life 2 BITD and it has been on the to-do list.

You can't hide that it is an old game but it looks good enough and is pretty damn good. I can see why it was well rated.

Here is an average photo of a 2004 HL2 game ported to the 360 as the Orange Box digital download version but installed on the Xbone to get a bit better graphics with a vintage AT mini tower PC with the cover off on a HDMI TV. Whew.......

20230314_222705.jpg

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I never played Half Life 2 BITD and it has been on the to-do list.

You can't hide that it is an old game but it looks good enough and is pretty damn good. I can see why it was well rated.

Here is an average photo of a 2004 HL2 game ported to the 360 as the Orange Box digital download version but installed on the Xbone to get a bit better graphics with a vintage AT mini tower PC with the cover off on a HDMI TV. Whew.......

View attachment 397872
HL2 is the shit. graphics were incredible for the day, physics model was insane and the AI still holds up well (try camping against the Combine and they'll either find a way to flank you or just flush you out with grenades). Best part was the story / atmosphere though, I found parts of the game genuinely unsettling, and couldn't wait to get out of Ravenholm.

F*** Poison Headcrabs though, they can die in a fire.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
HL2 is the shit. graphics were incredible for the day, physics model was insane and the AI still holds up well (try camping against the Combine and they'll either find a way to flank you or just flush you out with grenades). Best part was the story / atmosphere though, I found parts of the game genuinely unsettling, and couldn't wait to get out of Ravenholm.

F*** Poison Headcrabs though, they can die in a fire.
Have to agree with all of the above. It is a bonafide classic and a must play.

I am trying to play the well rated back catalogue classics in future instead of new and shiny that mention season passes.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Have to agree with all of the above. It is a bonafide classic and a must play.

I am trying to play the well rated back catalogue classics in future instead of new and shiny that mention season passes.
Portal and Portal 2 have shared [Half Life] physics and are good fun. A bit shorter in storyline duration and puzzle complexity than I would've liked, but still great fun overall.

Last edited:

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Portal and Portal 2 have shared physics and are good fun. A bit shorter in storyline duration and puzzle complexity than I would've liked, but still great fun overall.
Keen to give Portal a go later. The Orange box is grab bag of goodies. Finding spare time is always the challenge !

Dangals

Likes Dirt
Half Life was truly amazing for its time and has always bugged me that they just left it hanging and not come back to finish it off.

The Portal games are truly some of the best games ever made, great puzzle mechanics and the voice acting is next level.... I actually played through the updated RTX version of portal just recently when I finally upgraded my pc and my 8 year old had gotten through most of Portal 1 on his own which is satisfying to watch.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Half Life was truly amazing for its time and has always bugged me that they just left it hanging and not come back to finish it off.

The Portal games are truly some of the best games ever made, great puzzle mechanics and the voice acting is next level.... I actually played through the updated RTX version of portal just recently when I finally upgraded my pc and my 8 year old had gotten through most of Portal 1 on his own which is satisfying to watch.
I always hoped there'd be a hybrid where the Portal "gun" and puzzle mechanics escaped the lab and entered the Half Life world(s). Imagine trying to defeat the giant crab monster near the end of HL1 by chucking grenades into overhead portals. The mechanics of it would be a something like you could only place a portal on exposed rock (for example) so there was only limited spots they could be used, or a damaged/weakened portal gun where you could only throw objects through but not jump through it yourself or something along those lines. So much untapped potential in that concept.