Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

moorey

call me Mia
Really depends on how much damage this complete asshat is doing. Mud Sticks and MTB community is small and whispers travel. On the flip side payouts for Slander can be significant and enforceable and this potato could lose way more than a couple of bikes.

A cease and desist letter would be worthwhile given it would cost less than the profit on a single rack, and shut this guy up and show him they mean business.

I would've been onto my lawyer by now and have spent good money putting an end to his shenanigan. People can be insane, I had another business owner call me this morning to "discuss" why I put a smiley face on a post where he was trying to sell Nakto folding bikes, commercially, on an MTB forum. That conversation did not go how he planned it in his head.
Can’t get blood from a bankrupt stone.
Mitch has weathered the SpotX storm for years. Product speaks for itself and demand outstrips supply, but I guess he’ll know what to do.

nathanm

Eats Squid
Can’t get blood from a bankrupt stone.
Mitch has weathered the SpotX storm for years. Product speaks for itself and demand outstrips supply, but I guess he’ll know what to do.
Is he personally bankrupt or is the business bankrupt which are Two very separate things. his post on the MTB forum, which kicked this off, stated (which by no way means its truth) that his business was in liquidation and they were his personal bikes/assets. Given he was at Thredbo with expensive bikes I would suggest he personally has some assets and Slander applies to personal damages.

Flow-Rider

Burner
He actually called me at home after reading our racks thread and explained this. The first electroplater was slow and unreliable, but very good when he did produce some goods. The new one did a shitty job and he had so much product that couldnt be sold as 1st rate product.

Talked me into a great deal on a black to put it through it paces.
Must say the finish on the black one is beautiful... though hasn't had a hard test yet either. Liking the EZ load feature too.
Get it gal dipped, it will last over 50 years+.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Get it gal dipped, it will last over 50 years+.
My V1 was galv and I had a whinge in the rack thread about ST going to powder. Mitch called me as I said I was upgrading to the new version as the single sided V1's were only good for 15kg per hoop.
Talked me into testing the powder on one of his new ones and it's good so far but it hasn't had a lot of use yet due to other things happening.

I'll put it through the ringer soon.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
My V1 was galv and I had a whinge in the rack thread about ST going to powder. Mitch called me as I said I was upgrading to the new version as the single sided V1's were only good for 15kg per hoop.
Talked me into testing the powder on one of his new ones and it's good so far but it hasn't had a lot of use yet due to other things happening.

I'll put it through the ringer soon.
I'll be interested to hear how it holds up on the square edges of the laser cut parts and around any of the moving parts. The plated steel will protect to an extent the bare steel nearby, the powder coating won't. It's a pity he couldn't get the reliable quality from the electroplaters.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
FWIW wait times on galv dipping for industries I'm working with are LOOONG (this is for park furniture sized steel members so smaller jobs may be fine)
Hot gav dipping will also only work for the non-critical parts. Any pieces where there it a tight fit up will be a PITA as the hot galv goes on in a pretty irregular thickness. Also, no good for any moving parts like the rope cam system that's a welded assembly as the gal will glue up all the joints.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Hot gav dipping will also only work for the non-critical parts. Any pieces where there it a tight fit up will be a PITA as the hot galv goes on in a pretty irregular thickness. Also, no good for any moving parts like the rope cam system that's a welded assembly as the gal will glue up all the joints.
You can gal dip the main body no worries, you can make the other stuff bolt on or separate. You can't power coat the same joints in any case.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Same guy trading as a different business by the looks of it
FMD Mike's on the Northern Beaches. I'll make a note to avoid.

Shingleback have a huge presence here, I don't see too many single trails.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk