Crash Pics Thread

Minlak

custom titis
First crash on the cargo bike. Front end washed out on some loose, crushed bluestone gravel. Luckily it was at low speed, the kids are fine. My elbow took the brunt of 140kg of bike and people.
I tried to scrub it out as much as possible while the adrenaline was surging. Betadine and some patches and I'll see how I go. I reckon it will hurt more tomorrow.
Chicks dig scars you will be well sought after now :)

Cyclomaniac

Likes Dirt
I have been building some trails on my property and went down to take some measurements for a little timber feature. Everything is soft still and I was just cruising down on the trail bike in my steel cap boots with a measuring tape on my hip. Went over what must be the smallest jump and somehow ended up with my right boot through the triangle. Landed on my side as my foot was caught up. Got up and noticed the crunchiness in the shoulder. Sore hip from landing on my tape measure too.
Surgeons said they would plate it up on Tuesday or Wednesday if I want, otherwise just leave it. I think I will take them up on the offer.
cb.jpg

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I have been building some trails on my property and went down to take some measurements for a little timber feature. Everything is soft still and I was just cruising down on the trail bike in my steel cap boots with a measuring tape on my hip. Went over what must be the smallest jump and somehow ended up with my right boot through the triangle. Landed on my side as my foot was caught up. Got up and noticed the crunchiness in the shoulder. Sore hip from landing on my tape measure too.
Surgeons said they would plate it up on Tuesday or Wednesday if I want, otherwise just leave it. I think I will take them up on the offer.View attachment 398563
I would 100% get that plated. Mine was broken nearly the same.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Surgeons said they would plate it up on Tuesday or Wednesday if I want, otherwise just leave it. I think I will take them up on the offer.View attachment 398563
Having been there way to many times. I’d definitely plate to be removed at a latter date. Wishing you a speedy recovery

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I’d definitely plate to be removed at a latter date.
I think they tend to leave the plates on these days (possibly unless you insist on having them removed?). That's what they told me with mine anyway, and (after some initial issues) - I generally can't feel mine anymore and have no plans on getting it out.

Have you had 'em in and out @Scotty675?

On a tangent - An older bloke at work had got it both collarbones plated after a moto crash years ago. He told us a 'funny' story about sitting around a campfire one night and not realising the plates were getting hot from the radiant heat until all of a sudden they were really hot, and he was running around shrieking because they were roasting hot under the skin! o_O

He got both plates out not long after that... :p

Scotty675

Cable thief
I think they tend to leave the plates on these days (possibly unless you insist on having them removed?). That's what they told me with mine anyway, and (after some initial issues) - I generally can't feel mine anymore and have no plans on getting it out.

Have you had 'em in and out @Scotty675?

On a tangent - An older bloke at work had got it both collarbones plated after a moto crash years ago. He told us a 'funny' story about sitting around a campfire one night and not realising the plates were getting hot from the radiant heat until all of a sudden they were really hot, and he was running around shrieking because they were roasting hot under the skin! o_O

I’ve had 5 broken collar bones. 3 plated with plates always removed. They can be left in but if you crash on them again it heightens the risk of neck or shoulder injuries. The collar bone being the weakest point.
My first plate gave me grief but I was always going to have it back out.
One of mine I didn’t have plated (wish I did now) healed in an ordinary position and gives me a bit of trouble, especially winter time.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
An older bloke at work had got it both collarbones plated after a moto crash years ago. He told us a 'funny' story about sitting around a campfire one night and not realising the plates were getting hot from the radiant heat until all of a sudden they were really hot, and he was running around shrieking because they were roasting hot under the skin! o_O

and you never questioned that?

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I’ve had 5 broken collar bones. 3 plated with plates always removed. They can be left in but if you crash on them again it heightens the risk of neck or shoulder injuries. The collar bone being the weakest point.
My first plate gave me grief but I was always going to have it back out.
One of mine I didn’t have plated (wish I did now) healed in an ordinary position and gives me a bit of trouble, especially winter time.
Many years ago I shared an ambulance with Indi Boer, it was a busy day for the paramedics at that 4X round. I was down with a separated shoulder but she was far worse off with a crash that had bent an existing collar bone plate, now Indi is a tough cookie but based on that ambulance ride I would always recommend having plates removed.