The gaming thread

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I feel this sums up a lot of the activists etc and you can translate a lot of groups names in here

Yeah like those weird hipster beard cultists. Long may they burn in hell!

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Thanks. Sounds overblown compared to the likes of Trump, Putin and some of the other rightwing crackpots who would genuinely love a pogrom on anyone who isn't straight, white and Christian.

Here's hoping that Elon hurries up and shuts down Twitter.

100%

The frikking venom and white-hot hatred directed at JK, does not seem commensurate with what she has actually said, IMO.

Far easier and more efficient to attack, make JK and others of similar ilk the enemy, and kick up an unholy ruck.
In contrast, intelligent dialogue would take longer, be more of a pain in the everything, and ultimately bring a majority of people who think they have a stake in the game, to some sort of understanding; Then there would be enough energy and attention to usefully devote to more pressing issues such as war, natural disasters, domestic violence, and systemic generational poverty.

Making JK the enemy achieves FUCK ALL, and, in the words of the resident sage @Plankosaurus , is just another polarizing distraction - in an endless churn of "culture wars" and needless division stirred up and continually provoked by cunts like Turdoch media, channel nine and the shitstains of the LNP & Institute of Public Affairs.

Last edited:

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
100%

The frikking venom and white-hot hatred directed at JK, does not seem commensurate with what she has actually said, IMO.

Far easier and more efficient to attack, make JK and others of similar ilk the enemy, and kick up an unholy ruck, where dialogue would take longer, be more of a pain in the everything, and ultimately bring a majority of people who think they have a stake in the game, to some sort of understanding, so more pressing issues such as war, natural disasters, domestic violence, and systemic generational poverty can be attended to.

Making JK the enemy achieves FUCK ALL, and, in the words of the resident sage @Plankosaurus , is just another polarizing distraction - in an endless churn of "culture wars" and needless division stirred up and continually provoked by cunts like Turdoch media, channel nine and the shitstains of the LNP & Institute of Public Affairs.
Is it really that hard to have a thought process in a certain direction and not be a complete cunt about it to other people that don't think exactly the same way?

The "gender wars" thing is a prime example of this. Why can't someone be the thing they want to be/feel they are without hatred and scorn being thrown their way? Conversely, if you prefer to view gender from a biological standpoint but are happy to accept that others might not strictly confirm to that, should you have to worry that people are going to do the same because you're a hate filled bigot suddenly?

Bill and ted had their shit together - be excellent to each other
These days I think we could improve substantially if we settled for - try not to be a *complete* cunt to each other

...I don't care for anything Harry Potter since Dumbledore died anyway

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Is it really that hard to have a thought process in a certain direction and not be a complete cunt about it to other people that don't think exactly the same way?
No. To cisgendered young middle class white women who have stong opinions on the matter, you are basically raping them with your opinion. You can get locked up for it I heard.

WHile i dont share much of Jordan Petersons opinions on most things, he has some excellent and very eloquent arguments in this space and he's no wall flower about it. He's an interesting man to listen to when its not just snippets in reels -i.e. longform discussions like pod casts with him as a guest paint a very different picture. Mind you, bit of an aquired taste, but well worth hearing him speak as hes not stupid and its interesting to hear how he reasons, even if you disagree with his positions.

Oddjob

No. To cisgendered young middle class white women who have stong opinions on the matter, you are basically raping them with your opinion. You can get locked up for it I heard.

WHile i dont share much of Jordan Petersons opinions on most things, he has some excellent and very eloquent arguments in this space and he's no wall flower about it. He's an interesting man to listen to when its not just snippets in reels -i.e. longform discussions like pod casts with him as a guest paint a very different picture. Mind you, bit of an aquired taste, but well worth hearing him speak as hes not stupid and its interesting to hear how he reasons, even if you disagree with his positions.
I had to look up cisgender yesterday. I can't quite figure out if I'm taking stupid pills or not.

Seriously, why do millennials have to put everyone into teeny tiny categories of smaller and smaller relevance, and then scream about it. Can't we just go back to the ennui and nihilism of the 90s? Tyler Durden is the hero we need.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Seriously, why do millennials have to put everyone into teeny tiny categories of smaller and smaller relevance, and then scream about it. Can't we just go back to the ennui and nihilism of the 90s? Tyler Durden is the hero we need.
The 90s were the best. Anyway I was watching a promo interview with some actors that were in the new LOTR prequel series thingy on Amazon. They were breathless with excitement that they were portraying various minorities, and that this was incredibly important because "of visual representation and now everyone in the world can look at the screen and see a version of themselves staring back at them."

Sooooo we really no longer identify or relate to fictional characters because of their thoughts, morals or actions, but purely and only because we look like them? Okay zoomer.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I had to look up cisgender yesterday. I can't quite figure out if I'm taking stupid pills or not.

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.
You are not your job, you’re not how much money you have in the bank. You are not the car you drive. You’re not the contents of your wallet. You are not your fucking khakis.
You are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world. :)

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
PS did a quick Google search and the first result was Jordan on the Rogan show the second was with Ben Shapiro. That's a big red flag for me.

haha. Rogens not so bad. His covid views are dumb AF but as a host of a podcast he does a great job of getting people to be conversational and a lot of his guests are actually interesting people with a wide range of political, ethical and social leanings. He's had mycologists, apiarists, chiefs of defence, political activists, tech entrepreneurs and all manner of wierdos. I think he gets a bad rap because of him being him, but his show is successfull because of its diversity and is worth a look into if you can get past the prejudcice most people have about rogen because of what somone else said or because you've heard him say some random bullshit - remember, the show is not about him, but the guests. where else can you hear somone talk candidly with somone like elon musk for several hours on a range of topics? Some of his guests are boring as batshit too.

Ben shapiro is a dick.

Lex Friedman is worth a listen to though, Petersen's has been a guest there if you have an aversion to Rogen. Lex is a legit AI computer science genius at MIT and does interesting podcasts in his own right. I like his voice for some reason.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
The 90s were the best. Anyway I was watching a promo interview with some actors that were in the new LOTR prequel series thingy on Amazon. They were breathless with excitement that they were portraying various minorities, and that this was incredibly important because "of visual representation and now everyone in the world can look at the screen and see a version of themselves staring back at them."

Sooooo we really no longer identify or relate to fictional characters because of their thoughts, morals or actions, but purely and only because we look like them? Okay zoomer.
Im pro diversity in on screen stuff, but if we're ever to normalise diversity we need to stop pointing at diverse casts and saying "look! Look! look at the diversity we did!" . just do the diversity and shut up.

Oddjob

haha. Rogens not so bad. His covid views are dumb AF but as a host of a podcast he does a great job of getting people to be conversational and a lot of his guests are actually interesting people with a wide range of political, ethical and social leanings. He's had mycologists, apiarists, chiefs of defence, political activists, tech entrepreneurs and all manner of wierdos. I think he gets a bad rap because of him being him, but his show is successfull because of its diversity and is worth a look into if you can get past the prejudcice most people have about rogen because of what somone else said or because you've heard him say some random bullshit - remember, the show is not about him, but the guests. where else can you hear somone talk candidly with somone like elon musk for several hours on a range of topics? Some of his guests are boring as batshit too.

Ben shapiro is a dick.

Lex Friedman is worth a listen to though, Petersen's has been a guest there if you have an aversion to Rogen. Lex is a legit AI computer science genius at MIT and does interesting podcasts in his own right. I like his voice for some reason.
I don't hate Joe as such, his shows are just so freaking long winded. Thanks I'll check out Lex.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Any 64th violinists?
no but hes had hetfield, roth, corgan, steven tyler etc on. Theyre cool right?

Brian cox has been on- how can you not find brian cox entertaining and educational. So yeah. i think its worth a look into if you like interesting people and can flex past some of that prejudice.

Most people ive spoke to that hate rogen have never listened to one of his podcasts.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
I don't hate Joe as such, his shows are just so freaking long winded. Thanks I'll check out Lex.

100% but long form is just the format. I do a lot of driving so a 2.5 hr podcast is like half there and half back to some riding destinations etc. long winded isnt bad either if the topic or guest is interesting. I sometimes fins its not long enough if ive been enjoying it. Theres heaps of lists you can search that group his guests into broader topics if you care - politics, phychedleics, musicians, technology etc. Thats probably a better way to start and finding a summary of somone that sounds interesting that trying to search the catalogue.