Snakes

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Well if I could tell the difference, I would love to have some near my place.
They're actually quite distinctive - but also pretty reclusive. Main thing is the white tipped tail - oh and that they're about twice the size of a normal rat. They're kinda more like Otters.

Have been a protected species since the 1930s which shows a bit of foresight for the time surprisingly.

Flow-Rider

Burner
They should introduce some Rakali. They f***ing hate rats and a comprehensive study (which of course now I can't find) demonstrated they did well at keeping rat populations down around areas of Sydney Harbour.
Nice, they're native too.

You usually get rats from leaving a lot of trash around, there needs to be a food source. We had one of those pet produce places move in next door to us for a few years, far out, never seen so many rats in all my life. They would come and feast on the pecan nut tree's and then make nests in everything.

jrewing

Eats Squid
Nice, they're native too.

You usually get rats from leaving a lot of trash around, there needs to be a food source. We had one of those pet produce places move in next door to us for a few years, far out, never seen so many rats in all my life. They would come and feast on the pecan nut tree's and then make nests in everything.
You’ve never worked at Woolworths Distribution centres. Good lord, 1000’s of them. They loved SPC fruits, tomato sauce and bleach for some unknown reason. Swiss cheesed millions of dollars of stock a year.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
You’ve never worked at Woolworths Distribution centres. Good lord, 1000’s of them. They loved SPC fruits, tomato sauce and bleach for some unknown reason. Swiss cheesed millions of dollars of stock a year.
If it was Pental products group bleach along with SPC fruits and tomato sauce, then they clearly had a thing for good quality and locally manufactured products from Shepparton!

#SheppCityRepresent

Last edited:

Minlak

custom titis
Heard a statistic today and cant find it right now but there has been 97 snake bites in QLD this year already

1675341479589.png

Flow-Rider

Burner
Heard a statistic today and cant find it right now but there has been 97 snake bites in QLD this year already

View attachment 396697
Someone died the other day in Qld from an eastern brown, I'd say the guy is very lucky as Fraser has all the top venomous snakes all on the one island, the death adder, the taipan, the eastern brown snake and the redbellied black snake. If you survive a venomous snake bite, most people end up with long term effects from envenomation.

Last edited:

Minlak

custom titis
Someone died the other day in Qld from an eastern brown, I'd say the guy is very lucky as Fraser has all the top venomous snakes all on the one island, the death adder, the taipan, the eastern brown snake and the redbellied black snake. If you survive a venomous snake bite, most people end up with long term effects from Envenomation.
Yeah Lockyer valley he picked it up to relocate it and got bit - lady flown by Careflight other day from Miriam Vale they stopped at the rest stop and she stood on it I think

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Someone died the other day in Qld from an eastern brown, I'd say the guy is very lucky as Fraser has all the top venomous snakes all on the one island, the death adder, the taipan, the eastern brown snake and the redbellied black snake. If you survive a venomous snake bite, most people end up with long term effects from envenomation.
So there would be room to import cobras and black mambas I assume. :/

dazz

Downhill Dazz
The one up manship continues :D That bar gets higher all of the time.
If I remember correctly, there's an island or islands near Tassie that's absolutely packed with tiger snakes.

Yep, here it is...
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-01...ky-tiger-snakes-larger-bigger-heads/101817298

Wow, they feast on an all you can eat buffet of baby mutton birds for 5 weeks of the year, then when the birds get too big to eat they curl up next to them in the same burrow and use them to keep warm!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Wow, they feast on an all you can eat buffet of baby mutton birds for 5 weeks of the year, then when the birds get too big to eat they curl up next to them in the same burrow and use them to keep warm!
That one is off the visiting list. Not a place to be a small bird :eek: