Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Just had the guy at the tyre place tell me my front tyres are worn out because all off the edges are rounded. He did not like it when I pointed out that they came that way from the factory. Not sure what he was expecting. Sidewall grip like an AT tyre?
Wait till they tell you that tyres more than 5 years old need replacing, although the ruling seems to use the word 'may'.

https://roadsafety.transport.nsw.go...rkings,rubber materials deteriorate over time.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

sighting of @Oddjob trundling up Condamine St to grab some milk
Far out. If there was ever a car that needed less engine and more aero and brakes that would be it.

To dnf with a power advantage like that is just bonkers.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Scotty T

Walks the walk
To dnf with a power advantage like that is kinda likely.
FIFY.

“I understand the concerns with safety and complications with the speeds but when you are running a car based on a stock Nissan driven by a very ordinary driver trying to compete with space frame cars weighing much less against much more talented operators, it's a game that becomes unattractive to me.”

And dangerous for everyone else? No wonder he stuck it in the wall, maybe they should have hired a talented operator instead of old mate trying to drive it himself?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Why is there a minimum lap time? Why not just have air restrictors?
I agree. I would have thought the whole idea was to race where the primary idea is to go fast and beat lap times. Who 'da thunk it?
Probably a big case of butt hurt by the competition and inane rules set by Motorsport Australia.

Surely the Supercars series has to die soon or are people still interested in a two horse race between Holden/GM vs. Ford with Mustangs and Camaros?

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
REVENGE OF GODZILLA. Brilliant. Try and ban this one ya sooks *awaits ban stick to be applied by CAMS*
Surely the Supercars series has to die soon or are people still interested in a two horse race between Holden/GM vs. Ford with Mustangs and Camaros?
I'm surprised it still seems to be as healthy as it is, TV viewing rates for Bathurst last year were huge, but in person attendance has been declining (significantly more for the second biggest race on the calendar at Adelaide). But as you say it's a two horse race and one of the horses is dead. I don't get it.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Why is there a minimum lap time? Why not just have air restrictors?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
Sometimes people don't know their capabilities and don't expect to pull a time like that off and other people just get butt hurt most of the time, that's what it's like in motor racing.