How stolen does this look, or a bargain and get on it.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Wayyy too cheap. If he is actually in Nth Fitzroy though he’s just around the corner from me, will see if I can check it out.

cammas

Seamstress
Wayyy too cheap. If he is actually in Nth Fitzroy though he’s just around the corner from me, will see if I can check it out.
considering you are lucky to get the previous generation frame for that price in carbon, it seems way too cheap

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
considering you are lucky to get the previous generation frame for that price in carbon, it seems way too cheap
Not going to lie though if he replies and it actually exists and the serial number doesn't throw any red flags it'll be hard not to buy it haha

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Doesn't look good....
Yeah I know, same thought. However, doesn't come up on Facebook, doesn't come up in Google image search which is usually the case if it's a bike that doesn't actually exist, and the setting does look like a Nth Fitzroy laneway with the bluestone gutter etc.. We'll see if he replies/exists hah. I'm hoping for a cashed up boomer's first foray into selling online.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Is the electric seat like one of those japanese smart toilets?

Hobarts a pretty small place for a bike like that to get sold un-noticed by the owner (i hope).

nathanm

Eats Squid
One of a couple of known stolen bikes (check out the Tas stolen bikes page) doing the rounds on the Buy/Sell pages. Really surprised the cops aren't onto this as they've been absolutely brazen about it, using their own Facebook profiles etc.
I think that was one of a couple stolen at Maydena during the recent Enduro Jam.

Get insurance people for the love of god.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
One of a couple of known stolen bikes (check out the Tas stolen bikes page) doing the rounds on the Buy/Sell pages. Really surprised the cops aren't onto this as they've been absolutely brazen about it, using their own Facebook profiles etc.
I think that was one of a couple stolen at Maydena during the recent Enduro Jam.

Get insurance people for the love of god.
My insurance tried very hard not to pay me recently after my bike was stolen.

On an associated note - good to check out how insured you are and if you are covered away from home etc. I just changed from having a portable item on my home insurance to having specific bike insurance as it is a bit cheaper and has additional coverage for accidents (in terms of damage to the bike not really medical cost or loss of income - that's a different insurance product)

nathanm

Eats Squid
My insurance tried very hard not to pay me recently after my bike was stolen.

On an associated note - good to check out how insured you are and if you are covered away from home etc. I just changed from having a portable item on my home insurance to having specific bike insurance as it is a bit cheaper and has additional coverage for accidents (in terms of damage to the bike not really medical cost or loss of income - that's a different insurance product)
some insurance companies are scum when it comes to that, who was that insurer?

I'm through CGU. I've had one bike stolen and they paid out quickly with just a police report. When i recovered the bike damaged, they said to just keep it as the policy had been paid out (not something I agree with in principal but hey, I pay extra to cover the bikes).

When I ran another bike into a roof of a building they paid out again without fuss after providing a quotation and pictures.

I've had drama's with many other insurers particularly with Motor Vehicle but this mob seems pretty good on smaller household claims.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
some insurance companies are scum when it comes to that, who was that insurer?

I'm through CGU. I've had one bike stolen and they paid out quickly with just a police report. When i recovered the bike damaged, they said to just keep it as the policy had been paid out (not something I agree with in principal but hey, I pay extra to cover the bikes).

When I ran another bike into a roof of a building they paid out again without fuss after providing a quotation and pictures.

I've had drama's with many other insurers particularly with Motor Vehicle but this mob seems pretty good on smaller household claims.
AAMI. I've since changed all my policies