What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

crash3

Likes Dirt
The wife has COVID, so been entertaining miss 3 all day. Once the temp cooled down in the arvo, chucked the macride on the bike and hyped her up for a loop.

Got us both helmeted, all saddled up, and one of the dogs bit my one ride old Kenda Booster Pro on the rear. Tore through the sidewall.
Not sure which dog it was, but the one that still has his balls is going to lose them.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Took an off road newbie to the Youies this arvo. The wildlife was out in force.

Saw this very casual spiky fella, saw us coming and just kept ambling across the road, not a care in the world.

Then crossing under the overpass section for Turbs, in the little wooden corridor, a wiggly sick!

It was too late for me to stop so I passed as far left as I could and the last I saw of it, it turned towards me and I wasn't sticking around!!

Screenshot_20230126_214812_com.google.android.apps.photos_copy_659x1196.png

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had big plans for a ride today. I had planned to be out about 7 am; maybe ride for three hours. Do to circumstance, my 7 am ride started at 1 pm, lasted 90 minutes all on well worn trails.
But still, as always good to get out.
20230126_142748 (FILEminimizer).jpg

At the junction of the Priest Fire Trail and Kangaroo Fire Trail before heading down the North South track.

Delazy

Got a new bike!
NEW BIKE DAY

SIGHT 27.5 - LARGE
LYRIK/BOMBER CR
HOPE HUBS/ARC 30 RIMS
HOPE E4 BRAKES 220/200mm ROTORS
GX 11 SPEED / GX EAGLE CRANKS

Looking forward to riding alot of the newer Tassie trails I haven't had the opportunity to do so the past couple of years.

327149469_705977877867691_3321980508644986778_n3.jpg

Last edited:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
NEW BIKE DAY

SIGHT 27.5 - LARGE
LYRIK/BOMBER CR
HOPE HUBS/ARC 30 RIMS
HOPE E3 BRAKES 220/200mm ROTORS
GX 11 SPEED / GX EAGLE CRANKS

Looking forward to riding alot of the newer Tassie trails I haven't had the opportunity to do so the past couple of years.

View attachment 396532
Good looking bike and gread build spec.

Didn't realise Norco were doing 27.5 in larger frame sizes - that's cool AF.

Delazy

Got a new bike!
Thankfully I managed to convince a bike shop to pull apart a bike and sell me just the frame.

The whole intention was to use most of the parts from my old Norco Sight - Only the hope brakes, wheels and GX 11 speed made the grade and I some how spent ALOT more than I intended o_O

Ill ride it the rest of the summer and see what magic Nigel @ NSR can work on the suspension over winter ready for next summer.

17759749_10155936173528222_6170599729318019009_n.jpg

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went for a gentle cruise along the south Gippsland rail trail. It’s a beautiful place in the world but i was just reminded why i can never be a road rider… I was soooooooo bored :rolleyes:

View attachment 396527
unrelated to MTB , but i took my offsider on a motorcycle ride the other day through the back blocks where i live ( macedon ranges / Central Vic ) when we came home she said - ' i get it , i know why you just go for a ride , its is beautiful '

We are all so lucky - no war , minimal angst , low stress , yeah there are issues but we are ' So Lucky '

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Took the eldest to the pump track while the (now) middle child and newbie were asleep. First time out since number 3 was born.
Honzo UAV (urban assault vehicle) is far better than the Prime. The RAIL damper on the Z2 is pretty good too, but the DHF/Aggressor combo is pretty draggy even at 40PSI
When I can spring for another set of wheels, some light XC tires should suit it pretty well

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Took the eldest to the pump track while the (now) middle child and newbie were asleep. First time out since number 3 was born.
Honzo UAV (urban assault vehicle) is far better than the Prime. The RAIL damper on the Z2 is pretty good too, but the DHF/Aggressor combo is pretty draggy even at 40PSI
When I can spring for another set of wheels, some light XC tires should suit it pretty well
Sometimes a happy medium tyre is awesome all-round... but doesnt do any of them really well. A compound change with the same tyre/tread can make a world of difference, as can a clever choice of casing.
Big difference in DHF dual compound EXO to 3C MaxxGrip, then again adding DH casing.

Maybe move the the Aggressor to the front and stick a Rekon on the back.

I've been running a Barzo on the rear of my Spur since last winter... its fast and works well.

Last edited:

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Sometimes a happy medium tyre is awesome all-round... but doesnt do any of them really well. A compound change with the same tyre/tread can make a world of difference, as can a clever choice of casing.
Big difference in DHF dual compound EXO to 3C MaxxGrip, then again adding DH casing.

Maybe move the the Aggressor to the front and stick a Rekon on the back.

I've been running a Barzo on the rear of my Spur since last winter... its fast and works well.
I was thinking a set of rekons would do well for the bike path and occasional gravel ride on a second set of wheels and switch back to the DHF/Aggressor it’s got on now if it gets taken to the hills.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I was thinking a set of rekons would do well for the bike path and occasional gravel ride on a second set of wheels and switch back to the DHF/Aggressor it’s got on now if it gets taken to the hills.
At one stage I was swapping wheelsets on a bike, the problem was the hubs were different.

This meant what sounded like a simple swap of wheels meant adjusting brake calipers and derailleur indexing to get it right every time.

It was a major PITA... and I had a cassette and brake rotors on those wheelsets too.... its easier and cheaper swapping the tyres.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Ask @nathanm for a deal on these?

IMO, Rekons offer no appreciable improvement over the Rekon Race. The Rekons have more knob spacing but tread blocks too small to make any use of it. The Rekon Races actually gripped slightly better off-road in my experience (ie: the many tiny tread blocks gripped better than a few small tread blocks), and roll along acceptably on the pavement. If you're going to predominantly be riding pavement though, the smaller the tyre bag the better (generally speaking) it'll roll on paved surfaces, so don't be afraid to look at older 2.1" XC treads for example.

Also IMO, a change of tyres is waaaaaay better value for money than a second set of wheels for a bikepath hack bike. I mean unless you're looking to spend decent coin you're unlikely to shave a lot of weight from the wheelset - and even then it's rare to get significant weight savings (ie: greater than 100g reduction at the wheel rim where you feel it), but lighter hubs where the grams are shaved. Lighter tyres will typically get you ~70% of the reduced rotational mass of an expensive lightweight wheelset, for 1/10th (or less) of the cost.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
A tyre with a thinnish band down the middle that helps it roll and hungry knobs on the sidewall to hunker down when needed. I almost described a semi slick but not one of those, just something that rolls nicely when upright makes a difference.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
A tyre with a thinnish band down the middle that helps it roll and hungry knobs on the sidewall to hunker down when needed. I almost described a semi slick but not one of those, just something that rolls nicely when upright makes a difference.
Aggressor...