Little Things You Hate

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Fined for riding through a red light on bicycles. In the city. At 2.00AM. During TDU week. Only people on the road. Cop was parked and lights off. Great PR fellas...
The 1000's of interstate visitors gets them all revved up.

Every time I come up my road (Belair road) there are pelotons of riders 30 riders thick riding 3-4 abreast, giving everyone the shits.

It will all calm down again tomorrow leaving us to deal with the angry drivers for the next 11 months... then just when people are starting to forget and chill for the new year, mad Jan arrives and it all starts again.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Had a dog walker today tell me that my bike was illegal because it didn't have a bell, meanwhile it's walking its dog blocking a walkway on a 2m wide bride with it's earpods in, acting dumb, death and blind until the guy behind almost ploughs into its dog.
I met a family of 5, 2 daughters up to about 13-14 and and around a 10yr old boy standing on a 1200 wide bridge. Mum and dad just stood there, nearly moving to one side but leaning, the daughters moved and the son stayed in the middle of the bridge.

I stopped and said I couldnt get past... nearly 800mm bars. Mum and dad said nothing and didn't move... I weaved my way around them saying nothing, fuck I'm mellowing. I would have usually have said something consisting of mostly fucks and thrown the bike down if I had any back chat...

Got some of my own stuff going on so just sucked it up and rode on.

People are fuckheads.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Had a dog walker today tell me that my bike was illegal because it didn't have a bell, meanwhile it's walking its dog blocking a walkway on a 2m wide bride with it's earpods in, acting dumb, death and blind until the guy behind almost ploughs into its dog.
True, the bell rarely works anymore since the airport era started.

Anyhow, it bell is a courtesy to warn others that I'm on the way and not for them to move.

If they do get out of the way or don't, it makes little difference. I'm finding a way around or through the herd.

People that decide to have a family reunion in the middle of a path or trail are hard to love though. I see plenty of that here.

Flow-Rider

Burner
True, the bell rarely works anymore since the airport era started.

Anyhow, it bell is a courtesy to warn others that I'm on the way and not for them to move.

If they do get out of the way or don't, it makes little difference. I'm finding a way around or through the herd.

People that decide to have a family reunion in the middle of a path or trail are hard to love though. I see plenty of that here.
I think it was just being a stubborn arsehole, it's one of the main routes for commuters to get in and out of the CBD and at the time of day you would expect at least 20 bikes to going through. The day before I see 3 kids on scooters standing there, they see me coming and make a move, I catch up to the one at the back and he yells out "shit", pass the middle one and he's mute, pass the one at the front and I get the "eshooe brah". :D

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I have had the situation where I caught up to people on the bike/walking path and whilst ringing the bell I got nada from them so I rounded them up well off the path and one old prick yelled ring ya bell ya moron so I spun around and yelled back change the batteries in your hearing aids you dumbarses. That was enjoyable. They realised that I wasn't the 20 year old flying along that they thought I was.

We had a scout bike ride out to Redcliff a few years back. Week before was a maintenance day and I fitted bells, courtesy of the lbs, to all that needed them. Police did a spot check at the park and pinged a lot of people for no bell.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
They done random checks a few years and people were clamping the bell to the top of the seat post to piss them off.
Might be for fashion? Bells are all over a pretty fugly accessory unless it is the knog or one of its lookalikes so I sure some people hide them away. How you ring it under the saddle is another thing.

Spend umpteen thousands on a sleek carbon fibre low drag co-efficient cafe racer uber ride and top it off with an awkward gong on the handlebars :D

Minlak

custom titis
Might be for fashion? Bells are all over a pretty fugly accessory unless it is the knog or one of its lookalikes so I sure some people hide them away. How you ring it under the saddle is another thing.

Spend umpteen thousands on a sleek carbon fibre low drag co-efficient cafe racer uber ride and top it off with an awkward gong on the handlebars :D
Just add it to your garmin mount - they all have them anyway

1674603523764.png