Live Music Thread

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
GNR last night. Obviously not what they used to be, but still an enjoyable night, despite a bit of November rain (ironically wasn’t raining for November Rain).

3AE0FAD8-494F-489E-8139-3E282C0F7667.jpeg

Really enjoyed Cosmic Psychos in the lead up, but The Chats were a let down. Got me beat how they’ve got any following at all.

Last edited:

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Two full Joy Division albums and a New Order one, finished off with Love Will Tear Us Apart...place went bonkers.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Disneyland After Dark gig was phenomenal last night.

Danish hard rock band I’ve only just gotten into since 2019’s A Prayer for the Loud, but they’ve been around since 1982 and have a decent following in Europe and had some commercial success in 1986.

I’ve been going through their back catalog recently and it is very good, so expectations were reasonably high (usually a recipe for disappointment). Crowd were mainly in their 50’s and 60’s so wasn’t expecting a high energy concert.

I’m struggling to think of a better concert I’ve been to. Hotel was packed, the old timers were bouncing up and down and singing along the entire time, band was flawless and worked the crowd really well. Had that quirky Scandinavian humour and used it well. Seems the crowd was full of people that were into the band as kids in the 80’s and moved to Australia and never got to see them live. Just made for a really great concert.

EC2310FB-9376-4AD1-B2F8-A5895E8D01E0.jpeg

52B192BA-5016-4A12-B7A6-0B80D5ABB763.jpeg

659EF3A7-B64E-4FCB-827E-0E45B50ADFC0.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Last night was my first live gig since mid-2018, boy time has flown by.

Big Thief at The Forum in Melbourne.

The good;
- Felt so good to see some top shelf artists plying their trade in a packed room.
- The band was so tight
- The sound was amazing
- They were genuinely grateful to be playing on the other side of the world to a full house

The not so good;
- 9:45pm-11:15pm timeslot
- Being on my feet for that long hurts!

I could bang on about it forever but I realise this isn't really the audience for it.
There's a bunch of good acts I'd like to see in early 2023 and I'm buzzing to get back into the live music scene consistently!

indica

Serial flasher
Saw Rufus Du Soul in Brisbane last night.
Really good show. 28,000 people apparently. Biggest show I have been to.

The group was superb, tight, loud, good vocals, light show was great.

The crowd was big, very squashy on the grass at the show grounds but good people around looking out for each other and having a good time.

PXL_20221126_114901779.jpg

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Saw Rufus Du Soul in Brisbane last night.
Really good show. 28,000 people apparently. Biggest show I have been to.

The group was superb, tight, loud, good vocals, light show was great.

The crowd was big, very squashy on the grass at the show grounds but good people around looking out for each other and having a good time.

View attachment 394765
Saw them at the One Night Stand in Mildura some years back... it's quite something to see where they are now. It was a fine gig then...

We had The Black Sorrows in town for a free gig last night. Basically the entire population was there. And it was good fun. Consummately professional to the end, as you'd expect from a band that seems to live on the road.

I hate to think how long it's been since we've seen a live band...that doesn't rely on covers...

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Dry Cleaning at the Rosemount last night.

7847EAA3-2303-4711-A5D1-545D870B8AD0.jpeg

F4D6F905-0982-4B46-BF84-1A6CBF22BB81.jpeg

Not a band that would ever have been on my radar but a mate knows the band manager and had my name put on the door. Glad I went as it was quality, and I thought far better live than on their albums (usually I find those comments are a load of wank but it was true about their music on this occasion). The guitarist (not pictured) was brilliant and could have watched a solo performance alone. Not sure I’m that sold on the spoken word vocalist, and she has a weird stage vibe, but they’d be a quality instrumental band alone.

Blake Scott from the Peep Tempel supported solo and was good to see also.

indica

Serial flasher
Post Malone was on first, not a fan at all but the show was decent. He comes across as a little special needs though.

PXL_20230129_092206605.jpg

Big stage change, postage stamp had his own light rig so the changeover took about 30 minutes

PXL_20230129_101018179.jpg