Little Things You Hate

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Just remember though - it's COVID, the floods, Christmas, etc... and not understaffing, bad pay and conditions, or inefficient processes at fault. :rolleyes:
"We were surprised by the volume of Christmas packages - again - this year like the last 4 years - Its not our fault we didnt realise that everyone was getting black friday and cyber monday emails for the last month we swear"

Ordered 25th, dispatched 29th apparently. Auspost says they did not have the package.

Pushys said it left them on the 29th.

2 weeks later I get a 'Received and Processed' notice (today).

To be delivered between 15th and 20th.

Someone is full of shit and I dont really care who it is.

Its fucking piss poor that it take nearly a month to get across Australia.

Minlak

custom titis
Ordered 25th, dispatched 29th apparently. Auspost says they did not have the package.

Sounds like some one needs a hug??

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

Well, if you want better service - they're East coast perks! :p

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
LTIH:
I found out last week that my personal details had been taken in a data breach at a school I used to work for. It's taken them a while to figure out who was affected, what details were taken and to contact everyone.
I then found out yesterday, by another affected ex-employee, that our personal details are legally retained for 45 years (or 100 years if you've been exposed to dangerous chemicals - me). This is one of the recommendations put forth by the royal commission into institutional abuse.
In light of this, I sure hope these places start hiring dedicated cyber security teams.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
LTIH:
I found out last week that my personal details had been taken in a data breach at a school I used to work for. It's taken them a while to figure out who was affected, what details were taken and to contact everyone.
I then found out yesterday, by another affected ex-employee, that our personal details are legally retained for 45 years (or 100 years if you've been exposed to dangerous chemicals - me). This is one of the recommendations put forth by the royal commission into institutional abuse.
In light of this, I sure hope these places start hiring dedicated cyber security teams.
I got the email from my old health insurer that my details are on the dark web now… So as well as ripping my off for 5 grand on my hip surgery, they lost my personal details. Yay.

Minlak

custom titis
I got the email from my old health insurer that my details are on the dark web now… So as well as ripping my off for 5 grand on my hip surgery, they lost my personal details. Yay.
They didnt LOSE them - they know where they are and they still have them - they were just careless and over shared them

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
It's not that we don't remember 2020/2021, it's that they never happened. :p
I think there's been a lot of that 'wanting to move on' vibe, both from the public, and government. A similar thing happened at the tail end of the 1919 Spanish flu epidemic, apparently.

I don't miss all the fucking cookers gibbering about their YOOMAN ROIGHTS, because they have poor impulse control, CBF washing their hands, not coughing on people, staying a bit further apart, or think that wearing a mask is some kind of slavery or whatever the fuck.

Also don't miss Avi 'convicted wife-beater' yemeni reminding everyone of his existence,
nor that bunnings karen cooker and all the other "sovereign" fuckwits thinking they can do woteva, and then discovering that their gibberish means precisely 2/5ths of fuck all when prosecuted in a court.

cammas

Seamstress
Similar thing when I had a procedure done a fair while back. Got all the info, "you're in for 12:30, be here X time ahead, don't eat or drink anything within 6 hours before surgery" etc. Went in at the appointed time & lay around for a bit. Sometime not too far before I was expecting to go in they told me, "oh you've been changed from day patient to overnight, so you're bumped back to 4:30" or whatever it was. Well that's just fucking dandy; I hadn't et or drunk anything since 6:00, and by the time I was told I was bumped back it was inside the 6-hour or whatever window, so I still couldn't have anything, so I was hungry & dehydrated.

Procedure went smoothly, and as they pulled me out of the anaesthetic and the nurse asked me to rate the pain on a 1-10 scale, I had the lucidity to reply, "15 . 7 for what's been done to my knee, and another 8 for the ripping cramp in my calf" and then told her a sure fire way to relieve it! (Get your minds out of the gutter, it wasn't on that track!) They still wouldn't let me eat or drink anything for a fair while after in case I had a reaction to the anaesthetic, but they finally relented around 10:00 that night & gave me a sandwich & glass of water. 16 hours after I'd last had anything.
So finally went in around 3:30ish, discussed with them how long I’ve waiting, they too were disappointed. Then I had to redo my forms as one of his offices “misplaced” it after I done it all
So apparently the surgery went well but I woke up in a ton of pain so they give me some pain relief, but it’s still killing so they give me more. Then when asked again and I say yes it’s still hurting, well the nurse was not happy and starts lecturing me on how can I fall asleep whilst in pain, well you just gave me pain killers that knock you out. After that I just asked if I could go home, then her attitude changed and realised she f@cked up, butter wouldn’t melt in her mouth and rang the Mrs to come and get me. She even rang me yesterday morning to check up on me and ensure that everything was okay.

Anyway I’m on the mend but no riding until I see the surgeon again in the new year, so I’m going to use this time as a bit break from the bike and clear out some of my bike bits, spares etc that I’m probably never going to use. I also going to try and find a training plan that I can use as part of my commute home as I need to get back to being fit.

*footnote - I did try and write this up yesterday but was too off my face on pain meds to do it, while reading it back this morning, it made no sense o_O

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
So finally went in around 3:30ish, discussed with them how long I’ve waiting, they too were disappointed. Then I had to redo my forms as one of his offices “misplaced” it after I done it all
So apparently the surgery went well but I woke up in a ton of pain so they give me some pain relief, but it’s still killing so they give me more. Then when asked again and I say yes it’s still hurting, well the nurse was not happy and starts lecturing me on how can I fall asleep whilst in pain, well you just gave me pain killers that knock you out. After that I just asked if I could go home, then her attitude changed and realised she f@cked up, butter wouldn’t melt in her mouth and rang the Mrs to come and get me. She even rang me yesterday morning to check up on me and ensure that everything was okay.

Anyway I’m on the mend but no riding until I see the surgeon again in the new year, so I’m going to use this time as a bit break from the bike and clear out some of my bike bits, spares etc that I’m probably never going to use. I also going to try and find a training plan that I can use as part of my commute home as I need to get back to being fit.

*footnote - I did try and write this up yesterday but was too off my face on pain meds to do it, while reading it back this morning, it made no sense o_O
All the best with recovery @cammas