Electric Vehicles etc

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Its the shared platform with a Nissan version. Front drive, front motor - basically a modified ICE platform so no front boot and none of the packaging advantages you can have with a dedicated EV platform. Its all a bit of a fail, a lazy and cynical effort...

Haakon

Keeps on digging
The cars did actually catch fire. I can testify to how rubbish that and the preceding generation of Pugs were.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
From a sample size of how many?? They were fine so long as you didnt let bogan australian mechanics near them and serviced them correctly.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is that the suv one? Shame the nameplate got bastardised by SUVing it... There is not really anything French left that appeals these days, sad theyre just making boring suv clones after a long history of innovative and interesting designs :(
I reckon this looks cool

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Its the shared platform with a Nissan version. Front drive, front motor - basically a modified ICE platform so no front boot and none of the packaging advantages you can have with a dedicated EV platform. Its all a bit of a fail, a lazy and cynical effort...
It's a dedicated flat floor EV platform can't see an issue with it. The Megane has pretty solid reviews across the board as does the Ariya

Haakon

Keeps on digging
It's a dedicated flat floor EV platform can't see an issue with it. The Megane has pretty solid reviews across the board as does the Ariya
It’s a still a modified ICE platform. It makes no use of the advantages of a EV packaging or safety wise. It’s the product of an ICE manufacturer not really knowing how to do it differently and desperately trying to leverage their existing tech.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It’s a still a modified ICE platform. It makes no use of the advantages of a EV packaging or safety wise. It’s the product of an ICE manufacturer not really knowing how to do it differently and desperately trying to leverage their existing tech.
I don't think that makes much sense it's perfectly safe and I'm not sure you have explained any significant advantages. I drive a Tesla I don't know what you are on about

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I don't think that makes much sense it's perfectly safe and I'm not sure you have explained any significant advantages. I drive a Tesla I don't know what you are on about
The reno/Nissan platform puts the motor in the front and loses the crash benefit of using all that space for crumple zone and not having a big metal lump there. And it doesn’t have a frunk.
And it doesn’t get any more space elsewhere in the cabin as a result either.

It’s a lazy effort. It’s a shame, renault got into EVs before pretty much everyone and before Tesla - and totally squandered their first mover advantage.

8EA66E40-28AF-4B16-93CC-7125AC4925A1.jpeg

Last edited:

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The reno/Nissan platform puts the motor in the front and loses the crash benefit of using all that space for crumple zone and not having a big metal lump there. And it doesn’t have a frunk.
And it doesn’t get any more space elsewhere in the cabin as a result either.

It’s a lazy effort. It’s a shame, renault got into EVs before pretty much everyone and before Tesla - and totally squandered their first mover advantage.

View attachment 395118
It gets the maximum safety rating and has more room in the back as everything is up front. Many EVs have an incredibly small "frunk" compartments just to have one. I could count on one hand the number of times I've used mine.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
It gets the maximum safety rating and has more room in the back as everything is up front. Many EVs have an incredibly small "frunk" compartments just to have one. I could count on one hand the number of times I've used mine.
Tesla gets the maximum safety rating too - just meAns the rating needs to be improved. It simply has a big non crushable ICE like lump in the nose which simply reduces the available space for crumple zone. The Tesla will simply crash better.

Looks, it’s a perfectly fine car I’m sure and does what it says on the tin. I’m not saying it’s a “bad” car, I’m just saying it does nothing innovative and doesn’t move the game forward in any way - unlike the Tesla.

It’s lazy and uninteresting.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Tesla gets the maximum safety rating too - just meAns the rating needs to be improved. It simply has a big non crushable ICE like lump in the nose which simply reduces the available space for crumple zone. The Tesla will simply crash better.

Looks, it’s a perfectly fine car I’m sure and does what it says on the tin. I’m not saying it’s a “bad” car, I’m just saying it does nothing innovative and doesn’t move the game forward in any way - unlike the Tesla.

It’s lazy and uninteresting.
If putting a motor in the front of an EV automatically ruins it then almost every EV in the market with 4WD including Tesla ia a Dud.