Newly Released eBikes and eComponents General

link1896

Mr Greenfield
It's actually nuts. Cars have a whole stack of consumer warranties and protections including things like parts supply etc. Ebike folks have none of this and particularly concerning is the lack of support for spares including a gazillion new battery types all incompatible with each other. Pretty much you buy an orphan and you can be sure youre stuck with an expensive boat anchor when the battery inevitably fails.

On the lumen, shock inside frame is a great idea keeping it clean. The tq motor is also a great bit of kit, I test rode one on a fuel. Very small light and feels more natural than all the others out there.
And quality control.

Bicycle carbon composite QC for the majority of manufacturers is very often no more then a visual inspection, and weighing the parts to confirm resin load. CT and ultrasound testing is rare.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

Scotty675

Cable thief
Getting there:

That is a lovely stem but I’m not going there at that price.
It’s cheap compared to the road version

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
That is a lovely stem but I’m not going there at that price.
It’s cheap compared to the road version
The photography on their site is amazing. Does it cost more because it’s longer? ;)

1669962184243.png

Scotty675

Cable thief
I’d say a bit more time to print. Weight wise the Mtb stem is a fraction lighter so I’d say a little less filament.
Seeing this makes justifying the anvl stem I want a bit easier.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
That’s the one. They are actually priced ok to what I’ve spent on stems
They are very nice ! Was eyeing off the black one.

Thats the kind of stem shape I like, the wide bar clamp tapering to a fine steerer clamp, quite similar 'V' shape to the Spank Split but a CNC'd item of beauty.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Looking at ebikes still and sort of in a ranty mood.

1. With the recent trend of lightweight ebikes, is there any reason why manufacturers haven't gone to 27.5 standard these days? It seems like all the bikes are 29+, or at best mullet. Seems like an easy way to lose a cheap kilo running 'normal' 27.5 wheels and tyres.
2. Why don't folks make cheaper (and probably lighter) 10/11 speed gruppos? No one wants to shell out for the newest epecially when ebikes chew through this stuff faster. Also no one needs a 52 dinner plate cassette in 12s. It's overkill and defeats the point of the motor and adds uneccessary weight.
3. Can we just agree on battery systems now please? Bosch seems to have done a good job as with shimano, but honestly why do bike folks think they need to spec a slightly different battery, wtf for?!

Minlak

custom titis
3. Can we just agree on battery systems now please? Bosch seems to have done a good job as with shimano, but honestly why do bike folks think they need to spec a slightly different battery, wtf for?!
It took legislation in Europe to get phone companies to use the same charging port - Good luck with E-Bikes

Chamelion

Likes Dirt
That Transition is a step in the right direction for me owning an E-bike in the future (along with the Rise & Levo SL)

I don't want a 30kg bike that can go for 6 hours - That sucks all the fun out of it for me
Mine is 24kg.. if anything it feels better, more planted.