The youtube and google video thread (MTB and non-MTB vids)

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Local drop in Ballarat, Oscar lucky to walk away from that.

another angle

Oh to be young and still bounce!

What a hit though, hopefully no concussion.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Just watched this, goes for a while but I really enjoyed it. How the fk can someone ride up shit like that? Also a some good stuff about mental strength and positive mindset.

beeb

Just watched this, goes for a while but I really enjoyed it. How the fk can someone ride up shit like that? Also a some good stuff about mental strength and positive mindset.

I watched that last week. My takeaways were:

- His physical abilities are impressive but it's the mental determination that makes the difference (derr...)

- I hate his accent and all the jeebus will help me vibes.

Thus, I enjoyed his tantrums and it actually served to humanise him a bit for me and I(then) ended up enjoying the film.

Similarly, enjoyed that it wasn't a picture-perfect finale, but he stuck with it regardless.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Just watched this, faaaakk he's skilful ascender and descender. That Snotch :oops:

I didnt mind the accents or the jebus references... a good doco !

I hope to ride some Moab some day.

A good advert for OEM Maxxis white label... I would have have put a bit of thought into tyre choice for a climb like that rather than standard Canyon factory supplied tyres.

beeb

A good advert for OEM Maxxis white label... I would have have put a bit of thought into tyre choice for a climb like that rather than standard Canyon factory supplied tyres.
That was a surprise actually. I expected some Maxx-grip DHR II's or something installed. It was a good reminder how much difference the rider makes compared to the bike/bike spec.

ozzybmx

That was a surprise actually. I expected some Maxx-grip DHR II's or something installed. It was a good reminder how much difference the rider makes compared to the bike/bike spec.
I always thought that they had made them white label for a reason and they may be lacking in something that you get with the yellow labels.

Made to a price and missing some magic ingredient but Maxxis have said that there is no difference between their yellow and white label tyres apart from the white signifies OEM.

Some people would prefer the white labelling over the poppy yellow.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Local drop in Ballarat, Oscar lucky to walk away from that.

another angle

Ouch. Much ouch.

Didn't @moorey have an old ideo from the glory days of dh hitting that drop?
Yep:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Ouch. Much ouch.

Yep:

That's the one, good digging. Is this the same jump? And more importantly; did moorey invent the bar hump?

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I always thought that they had made them white label for a reason and they may be lacking in something that you get with the yellow labels.

Made to a price and missing some magic ingredient but Maxxis have said that there is no difference between their yellow and white label tyres apart from the white signifies OEM.

Some people would prefer the white labelling over the poppy yellow.
From memory, companies spec the tyre they want (Obviously to match a price point)
Often OEM tyres have combinations of things Maxxis don't stock as standard

ozzybmx

From memory, companies spec the tyre they want (Obviously to match a price point)
Often OEM tyres have combinations of things Maxxis don't stock as standard
I remember that Devinci or one of those brands had a special tyre made for one of their bikes and the MTB world screamed that they wanted that combo too.

Maxxis never did bring it out as a yellow label tyre.

ozzybmx

He's clipped in too, those pedals are TIME Speciale 8's.

Not once out of all those failed attempts was he left stuck in the pedals, the ATAC system is really good for inspiring confidence as its super easy to unclip. Your feet just pop out without thinking about it.

ozzybmx

You should check out the "making of" series of the Red Bull channel that goes with this video. Wow there's so much work (and risk) that goes into these videos.
The bit that always gets me is the permission to ride some of the stuff that he does.

No point ever coming to Oz to do one.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
The bit that always gets me is the permission to ride some of the stuff that he does.

No point ever coming to Oz to do one.
Yes, it would be difficult, I would think. They often only have very limited time to get the shoot done.

ozzybmx

Yes, it would be difficult, I would think. They often only have very limited time to get the shoot done.
Can you imagine asking any Gov dept or council here to make a decision on whether a bloke on a bike could do some hop on/off's at the Opera House or Harbour Bridge in public to make a video :D