The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

SummitFever

Eats Squid
The Morrison censure sees many labor parliamentarians going off about openness and transparency and I couldn't agree more.

This quote from Don Farrell is great:
"The message is this sort of behaviour, this sort of secrecy, this sort of inability to confide in the Australian people, is not the way to go," he says.

"We want to be open, we want to be transparent and we want to bring the Australian people with us."
Pity this doesn't seem to apply to the Federal ICAC...

Haakon

Keeps on digging
The Morrison censure sees many labor parliamentarians going off about openness and transparency and I couldn't agree more.

This quote from Don Farrell is great:

Pity this doesn't seem to apply to the Federal ICAC...
Yeah thats going to come back and bite them in the arse I reckon....

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Victorian liberal party still in deep kaka with the VEC, apparently, even after the election. the libs allegedly lied about co-operating with the Vic electoral commission over an investigation (now referred to the IBAC) re the donation scandal where one of the lib cockroaches wanted a salary top-up from a donor... and lobster boy shat his pants on radio about it before the polling day. It just gets better and better :rolleyes:

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Well this is pretty fucked:

Its how our legal system has been designed, and that was on purpose. Same as the economic system, if you have more money/power/influence you can buy/leverage advantageous outcomes.

Edit (to clarify for contrarians): it isn't designed to help victims it's designed to penalise poor perpetrators while leaving room for wealthy ones to pay high priced wealthy lawyers and PR companies to wiggle them out of it.

David2406

Blueeeeeeeey's on!
I don't get it, won't she suffer more mentally if she knows he did rape her and he gets away with it. I know it's all still allegedly until proven in court but still very strange situation.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I don't get it, won't she suffer more mentally if she knows he did rape her and he gets away with it.
Sounds like she's at the end, there is no more :(

A spokeswoman for Ms Higgins confirmed she was in hospital receiving treatment and support.

Emma Webster, a close friend of Ms Higgins, said the past few years had been “difficult and unrelenting”.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I don't get it, won't she suffer more mentally if she knows he did rape her and he gets away with it. I know it's all still allegedly until proven in court but still very strange situation.
She has decided this is the least damaging way forward for her I guess. I cant even begin to imagine how horrific it was for her to relive all that in front of him, and then have it turn out it was all for nothing.

I don't blame her in the slightest for folding, just awful for her. It will hurt her either way.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The only winner in all this is Lisa Wilkinson logie award. The case would have had a far better chance if she had gone to the police first. It went via the media first. I don’t know if this was her decision or she got really bad advice. What a mess.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
even though the rapist wasn't convicted, he will never live that down. Every single job that requires a background check (like the types of jobs he'd been working) will bring this up and even without a convictions, most employers will just give it a wide berth as its not worth the risk. Not being convicted is not the same as being found innocent. He didn't get away with it. Just my 2c.

Even when Gable Tostee was found not guilty of pushing a chick off his balcony and changed his name, he kept getting outed by the public at large as gable tostee.