The gaming thread

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
GT7 any good?
It's an immensely pretty and immersive game that fixes the biggest issues with GT Sport (not enough cars, not enough challenging races, shitty AI) but is hamstrung by not enough racing events. It's really weird, like you think it'd be the easiest thing to add more but each month's worth of updates might ad an extra 3 races if you're lucky - there's still whole categories of cars in the game that don't have race series for them (apart from the odd online race occasionally, but online is full of morons).

Having said that I'm still playing it so yeah, recommended. Update coming today is going to be adding the M2 Competition and the Sierra Cosworth.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
You have a wheel?
Just doing it with the controller. Steering's a bit compromised but throttle control isn't bad. Don't have the space to go the wheel set up in the living room. Controller might be better on the PS5 (I've got a PS4).

Just checked price and yeah that's cheap. Get it. Just saw in today's update they've added the Road Atlanta circuit too.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just doing it with the controller. Steering's a bit compromised but throttle control isn't bad. Don't have the space to go the wheel set up in the living room. Controller might be better on the PS5 (I've got a PS4).

Just checked price and yeah that's cheap. Get it. Just saw in today's update they've added the Road Atlanta circuit too.
Folding wheel stands are pretty good. Everything stays attached so lift into place, plug in and your ready to go. Worth the $130 odd

how does it go from being critically panned to game of the year? Have they done something different to it?
I think they promised a lot at the time and didn't deliver (ala Cyberpunk), I never played it then so I don'y know how crap it was. Apparently they have updated the game significantly.

But also the whole space exploration thing I'm just lovin. It's not constant pew pew and I guess being old it fits in with my youth, kinda like Fallout did.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Just got Battlefield 2042 going on Gamepass. (Protip for those playing on pc, disable administrator privileges for the BF2042.exe.)

Graphics are improved over Battlefield 4, but there have been some weird backwards steps like:
-Why only US and Russia as factions? Did China just vanish in the climate apocalypse?
-What happened to building destruction and changing maps?
-Why does it take multiple hits from a 30mm autocannon to kill someone?

Anyway, I've been bitten by the bug and I'm sure I will grind to get those sweet sweet guns.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Super keen for this to come.

Anyone played the outer wilds? Having a ball with this game at the moment.

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Just started playing elden ring. Initial impression, after 2 hours, hated it, no tutorials on what button to press to do what, died 10x ambushed by high level monsters, don't know where the hell to go or what to do.

But... then I dig through some tutorials online, read up on what the hell is going on, restarted the play and picked different character, 5 hours later, loving it.

Never played dark souls or any games produced by from software before. Sure, apparently, they purposely leave out all those info on purpose, but heck they can do with an option that guides first timer a bit better alright!

Minlak

custom titis
I have been playing DMZ (Call Of Duty 2)
I have been having very few crashes now - And some truly weird interactions recently in DMZ ( I only play this and mostly Solo)
I crashed the heli instead of landing it and died - As I was bleeding out I saw a team at the hospital so crawled to them and yelled out come loot me (I had some good stuff) as no point wasting it - So they invited me to join then insisted on helping me get the weapons case (my first ever as I am mostly solo) to finish my quest.
If you spawn above the garage the team on the left near the bridge always run over to kill you towards the Oasis - So when I spawn there now I always loop around and climb the mountains behind to scare them. -
Guy 1 - he runs straight past me in his rush to snipe people at the Oasis - He goes prone to start sniping so I break his plates then parachute away so he never saw me - could here his comms he was freaked out as had no idea
Guy 2 - next game in same spawn I looped over and heard them on the motorbike coming up to the cliffs - i hid behind a rock - Jumped out at him and said don't shoot I could have killed you - He literally squealed in fright - Then was like Oh man you scared the shit outta me - he then goes quick run my team mates are coming they will just kill you - So I parachute off past his team and he is yelling at them "Let him go Let him go" lol

Edit - Forgot the team hunts - LAst game I got hunted as soon as game started I survived - 2 mins later Hunted again and survived - 2 mins later hunted again - I just ran to them and sadi FFS kill me I have had enough of being hunted - we chatted they laughed I laughed then they killed me
:)