The cooking thread

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm trying for a new lazy pickle, in the same style as overnight cucumbers. I got a bag of Woolworth's rainbow salad mix (looked like carrot, beetroot, and some other stuff) in a jar of vinegar with some salt, pepper, fennel seeds, chili seeds, and dry green herbs. If it works I'll use it as a post work coleslaw base because often eating dinner at work isn't possible and after work life is hard.

IMG_20221113_142340999~2.jpg

ausdb

Being who he is
Some of my elder trees are blossoming so it's time to make a batch of elderflower cordial.

If anybody has access to elderflower, and is interested in making some cordial, this is the recipe I use:
Based on the amount of elderflower cordial my family drinks, I think I should plant an elder tree.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
View attachment 394439
Some of my elder trees are blossoming so it's time to make a batch of elderflower cordial.

If anybody has access to elderflower, and is interested in making some cordial, this is the recipe I use:

Norco Maniac

Is back!
This week's bulk cookup, also using darling daughter's vintage 1970's original Crock Pot.

From left to right - Pickled pork loin slowcooker steaming with garlic onions veg and potato.
Will be adding Beerenberg Worchestershire chutney to taste once it's all cooked into a pulled pork form in about 6 hours.

Beef meatballs with carrot onion turmeric and black pepper in tomato soup (yep, tomato soup) and i just added egg noodles to take up excess moisture. It's been on about 4 hours. Grated carrots and onions were cooked in butter and olive oil before being added to the mince in a 1/3rd mix to mince with an egg.

Plus, onion celery tomato red capsicum pumpkin turmeric black pepper roasted bone broth on the go, as an experiment. Hoping to strain it off, sieve it, and bottle for soup for work. If not, soup base for other meals.

Scored a few kg of 40% marked down chicken breast so half went into the freezer, the other half became chicken bacon mushroom 2 cheese carbonara. Not a huge fan of the texture of chicken breast but added last to the pan wasn't too bad.

Attachments

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well I haven't cooked pork for a while and pork shoulder was on sale when I did some grocery shopping. Got it prepped and in the oven about 9. Just heard some cracking popping sizzling noises and thought "must be time to drop the temp..." Ahhhh shit! Looks like I had the oven on 250!!!