Little Things You Hate

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Taswegia spending $200M on a fucking sportsballs team... wtaf?

You'd think for $200M they could probably afford to field their own team...

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Get used to it. Bread and circus is the norm here.

LPG

likes thicc birds
This could probably go in what are you listening to as all Ive heard since 10 am is truck honking. It is called the "Illawarra convoy" a massive charity event by a local radio station that effectively has businesses and individuals bidding to be close to the front of a convoy of trucks that slowly drive a loop of the Illawarra making sure noone can escape the sound and traffic a parade of trucks causes. I live ~500m from a main road that has it going down and I've heard nothing but the deafening hum of overlapping truck honks for 2 hours and I know that it won't be over for another few hours.

People literally set out chairs by the road to watch hours of trucks drive by at 20 km/hr constantly honking and waving, I can't think of anything worse.

Is such a massive waste of diesel/emissions and noise pollution suddenly a good thing because people use it as an excuse to raise money for a charity or am I just a grumpy prick?

Last edited:

Haakon

Keeps on digging
This could probably go in what are you listening to as all Ive heard since 19 am is truck honking. It is called the "Illawarra convoy" a massive charity event by a local radio station that effectively has businesses and individuals bidding to be close to the front of a convoy of trucks that slowly drive a loop of the Illawarra making sure noone can escape the sound and traffic a parade of trucks causes. I live ~500m from a main road that has it going down and I've heard nothing but the deafening hum of overlapping truck honks for 2 hours and I know that it won't be over for another few hours.

People literally set out chairs by the road to watch hours of trucks drive by at 20 km/hr constantly honking and waving, I can't think of anything worse.

Is such a massive waste of diesel/emissions and noise pollution suddenly a good thing because people use it as an excuse to raise money for a charity or am I just a grumpy prick?
Yeah I got that every year in Canberra. Fucking annoying…

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Imagine if they all just donated the money or time to useful purposes...
I think it goes to some human focused charity like kids cancer or something…

Imagine if we funded that through actual taxes instead of giving corporate mates handouts while shifting the social load onto the peeps and making them feel all good about themselves instead of focusing on the real problems oh wait never mind….

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub

Yeah, it's bullshit.
Paying the AFL $12 a year for 12 years for the privilege of having a team building a new $750,000 stadium to host it (and you know it will be well more than that) for a place that will be empty 90% of the time. :mad:
And people whinge about a few million getting spend on mountain bike trails:rolleyes:

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Teenagers.

13yo Ex-VC has gone the silent, morose, non-engaging route with us, especially me. The house is shit, the food we feed him is shit, his life is shit. Has is it in his head that his girlfriend's life is the ducks guts because her house is nicer, her world is more interesting, and her dad gets to ride exotic dirt bikes home from his work. He's going to get an apprenticeship at the shop her dad works at so he can do the same.

I'm not exactly Robinson Crusoe here, I know that, but fuck me he's an ungrateful little shit at the moment. Makes me want to take back the Trek Marlin I bought him. With the shit he's spraying I deserve to have a race bike AND a commuter before he does.

At least 15yo Man Child has the decency to acknowledge he was a bit shitty. In fact, his words were "I know I was pretty obnoxious, but at least I wasn't that fucking stupid"

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Teenagers.

13yo Ex-VC has gone the silent, morose, non-engaging route with us, especially me. The house is shit, the food we feed him is shit, his life is shit. Has is it in his head that his girlfriend's life is the ducks guts because her house is nicer, her world is more interesting, and her dad gets to ride exotic dirt bikes home from his work. He's going to get an apprenticeship at the shop her dad works at so he can do the same.

I'm not exactly Robinson Crusoe here, I know that, but fuck me he's an ungrateful little shit at the moment. Makes me want to take back the Trek Marlin I bought him. With the shit he's spraying I deserve to have a race bike AND a commuter before he does.

At least 15yo Man Child has the decency to acknowledge he was a bit shitty. In fact, his words were "I know I was pretty obnoxious, but at least I wasn't that fucking stupid"
Get him back working in the mines for 6 or so months. Sadly it is normal, some worse than others as you are finding. Generally sorts itself out over the next 15 to 20 years.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Teenagers.

The grass is always greener on the other side, moto mechanics are on crap money anyway, and you're limited to where you can work.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Y
Teenagers.

You've obviously done something right with the man-child...cause that statement is quite perceptive for a teenager.

As for the ex-VC, try pointing out that his girlfriend's dad is also choosing to live in Mildura so there's not much difference between his and her life really....

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
The grass is always greener on the other side, moto mechanics are on crap money anyway, and you're limited to where you can work.
Good Ol Uncy Herb is a mechanic and will be called in if needed.

Y

You've obviously done something right with the man-child...cause that statement is quite perceptive for a teenager.
Yep. Gives us hope that this is standard teenager BS.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Teenagers.

I'm in discussions with a North African slave traders. Want me to cut you in?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Being inconvenienced by stupidity/laziness.

I've been in an ongoing building insurance repair saga for about 2 years. Short version - just after moving back from Perth a watepipe burst in my bathroom and fucked my house up. Insurance wanted to fuck me around. As it was through a strata the strata staff pushed it back with all the enthusiasm you'd imagine. Builder who won repair contract then had insurance squeeze him. Then covid. Then covid. Christmas. Supply issues. Builder really doesn't want the contract anymore, sends me to get quotes from his suppliers kind of lazy.

Anyway the ime finally arrived and I quickly threw the bikes into storage so they were not in the way while supplies and people were coming and going. They finished, I moved back in (from my mum's place), fucked the storage shed off, and of course hey hadn't finished the work. Tiler only did 3 tiles out of 20, glue/grout all over my bathroom, flooring guys missed some trim, and some internal doors weren't replaced. So now they are all back to finish the job...again.

Imagine how much easier it would have been if they just did it right the first time?

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Being inconvenienced by stupidity/laziness.

I've been in an ongoing building insurance repair saga for about 2 years. Short version - just after moving back from Perth a watepipe burst in my bathroom and fucked my house up. Insurance wanted to fuck me around. As it was through a strata the strata staff pushed it back with all the enthusiasm you'd imagine. Builder who won repair contract then had insurance squeeze him. Then covid. Then covid. Christmas. Supply issues. Builder really doesn't want the contract anymore, sends me to get quotes from his suppliers kind of lazy.

Anyway the ime finally arrived and I quickly threw the bikes into storage so they were not in the way while supplies and people were coming and going. They finished, I moved back in (from my mum's place), fucked the storage shed off, and of course hey hadn't finished the work. Tiler only did 3 tiles out of 20, glue/grout all over my bathroom, flooring guys missed some trim, and some internal doors weren't replaced. So now they are all back to finish the job...again.

Imagine how much easier it would have been if they just did it right the first time?
fu....

never mind.

safreek

Or Victoria spending 15 million on netball.
Christ, imagine a world of self supporting sport, it would be pretty sparse.
I think to myself, what a wonderful world

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
without all the back and forth between gina and netball, $15m probably stacks up pretty well as a business case for tourism given it includes major tournaments being sent to Vic. Maybe annoying as no-one seems to have learnt any lessons on what value they bring as sportsfolk. As for the AFL, why do they need a stadium costing the best part of a billion? Tas will likely become many peoples 2nd team but doesnt mean we're going to spend a fortunre to get down there to watch a game in a slightly nicer stadium

Todays annoyance - a customer who calls every now and then. Last time I told them their vpn credentials dont work anymore, chase a couple of times and get no response. Today its an urgent issue. Well guess what, the vpn hasnt fixed itself has it.