What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fitted up BTLOS wheel set, DT 350 hubs, very shallow profile, 34mm IW and stripped the OEM wheels. Gunna do a rim transplant with some BTLOS low profile 30mm IW rims which by luck have the same ERD as the OEM alloy rims.

Mounting tyres was a bit harder with the Tubolights but overall not a problem. Bead seated and sealed themselves, rim tape is a two pronged affair with a strip of Gorilla tape down the channel and a full width of 3M Scotch clear packing tape over that.

I pin pricked a few air bubbles which was a bad move, failed the no sealant test with air leaking from the valve stem and through the spoke nipple threads. So tyre and insert off, the packing tape peeled off cleanly then I retaped it with a bit of help from a heat gun.

New tyre, no sealant went soft after about 12 hours while the used rear with the old sealant washed off has held pressure for three days now. I like to make sure there are no leaks before I put the sealant in via opening the bead. The inserts look a bit like pool noodle foam but feels lighter, I've never ridden with tyre inserts so I'm interested to have a feel. They aren't cheap @ $90 each so they better be good !

IMG_5093.jpg
so it'll be interesting to see how they feel

Tubolight.jpeg

Chamelion

Likes Dirt
My road going MTB is an Aldi bike.. one of the better ones with 1x10 deore, shimano hydraulic brakes etc... I kinda love it.

Anyway, since I got it I've had to mess with the drivetrain a little. Previous owner had the B screw go right through the hanger, so he put a hanger extender on to bypass having to get a new hanger.. it was jank as. So I replaced that, I put a new derailluer one (thinking it was the problem initially, oh well, i get a new one)... still had some shifting issues so I did my first inner/outer cable change just now. Seems to have improved nicely. :)

Scotty T

Walks the walk
My Belgian neighbour has a son who I think is ten. Being Belgian father and son both ride, son commutes a few kays to school.

Son outgrew the 20" mtb he was on, a Trek a bit worse for wear for 20 bucks from the tip shop, I got that running ok a few years ago.

Dad found a 24" road bike, that the seller ended up giving him for free. They commute and ride places mostly on road so son was keen on a road bike like dad. It had these massive bars on it, a huge reach to the levers even for an adult so it was time for a flat bar.

Dad happened to have an old 90's Merida with some LX levers and an Azonic riser bar cut down to kid size. We rescued the levers and built it all up, fits the young lad perfectly. A few tweaks to do, gears are super stiff as is the back brake. Full outer for the brake should fix that.

20221115_181451.jpg

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I saved my bike from being sold... I had a good offer, but I declined as I couldn't let her go, even though im far too buggered from chemo to ride her for more than 30 minutes.

Id love an ebike, but itd take me a number of months to save up I think, even if I did sell her.
A new ebike! It's not something I'd not something I'd normally be encouraging, but they have a time and a place. Clearly something to look forward to once you are through the chemo.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Little clean last night and ready for this mornings early solo ride. The same hills that I went up the day before on the ebike now feel like they are covered in treacle and steeper o_O regretted yesterdays squats for a little time but I soon forgot about it when I dropped into the first downwards trail. Good ride :)
IMG_2691.jpg

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Ordered a pair of I-Spec-B converter caps for M980 shifters. Most M980 was A-type, with B being introduced fairly late in the run. I've crossed tracks with a fair few A-types during the parts hunt, but wouldn't commit in case I wound up with B-type brake levers, which don't take A-type shifters. But B-type shifters work with both type brakes, so I jumped. :)

2/3 of the total price is freight though.... :rolleyes: