Little Things You Love

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
When someone sends you a text with a Japanese name you recognise. Ah yes the author, the hotel in Fukuoka, name means riverbank... and then the follow up... oops spell check changed Kawana Waters to Kawabata. Ahhh, so shit hole it is. I'm out.

LPG

likes thicc birds
Whenever I see these old things I just marvel at the fact that all they needed to do was swap the head and seat angles and voila! You don’t die.
You need to stretch it out a bit as well otherwise the nose of the seat will hit the stem.

I am so in awe of skilled people riding hard on on old bikes/geo.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I am so in awe of skilled people riding hard on on old bikes/geo.
Yeah, I think there is something to be said for the compact layout of the old frames.

Long, low and slack bikes do seem to need a bit of muscle through the tighter stuff.

safreek

Yeah, I think there is something to be said for the compact layout of the old frames.

Long, low and slack bikes do seem to need a bit of muscle through the tighter stuff.
Yeah, I just think L,L,S bikes take the fun out of riding, if it ain't sketchy it ain't fun.
If you want more fun just pump your tyres up to 35 or 40

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Yeah, I just think L,L,S bikes take the fun out of riding, if it ain't sketchy it ain't fun.
If you want more fun just pump your tyres up to 35 or 40
Buying a modern bike that has all the nice stuff just lets you go faster, lets you push a 50yr old body that bit harder and maybe do some cool shit that you didnt think was possible. Its good to feel safe on a bike.

Its definitely not more fun just because a bike is sketchy with vintage geo and 50psi in the tyres, might as well go full rigid and ride with no brakes... and fit 20" wheels.

How's that for mega fun :p :oops: not.

Doesn't matter to to those that have the skills anyway...

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Another step & a half closer to completing my semi-retro XTR groupset. R/H brake lever (with superfluous XT caliper connected) arrived today, and within a couple of hours I checked in to UK eBay to check stuff out and lo and behold there's a pair of M988 levers, perfect left, dicky right with a sticky piston! :D Needless to say, bid placed! That L/H lever is the last piece of the puzzle I need.

safreek

Its definitely not more fun just because a bike is sketchy with vintage geo and 50psi in the tyres, might as well go full rigid and ride with no brakes... and fit 20" wheels.

How's that for mega fun :p :oops: not.

Doesn't matter to to those that have the skills anyway...

But imagine doing it all with no helmet, pure Bliss.

LPG

likes thicc birds
Squeezed in a morning ride this morning with a mate who has started riding an ebike in the last year. The usual for a Friday morning ride is a road climb for ~6km/ 300m elevation along a road that gets a fair few roadies then a variety of trails on the way back down. The roadies are typically faster than us so they often overtake as our climb is our time to chat. We say hi and often enough they seem too up themselves to say hi back.

Today we are overtaken by a roadie who doesn't say hi or even take the effort to lift a finger off the bars to acknowledge us as he goes past. About 15 seconds later my mate accelerates with the help of the e bike and passes the guy making me smile. The gradient mellows for a section and I realise he hasn't switched gears and must be having a moment for recovery so I put the power down and pedal after him. Just as I. Approach him he calls out to my ebike friend "I hate you battery people!!". Seconds later I pass him while happily tell him "no battery here!". We ease up to a pace I can maintain and he passes again and says " I'm going for my yearly PB!!!" leaving us to have a good laugh thinking a acknowledgement would be easier.

Last edited:

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Squeezed in a morning ride this morning with a mate who has started riding an ebike in the last year. The usual for a Friday morning ride is a road climb for ~6km/ 300m elevation along a road that gets a fair few roadies. They're typically faster than us so they often overtake as our climb is our time to chat. We say hi and often enough they seem too up themselves to say hi back.

Today we are overtaken by a roadie who doesn't say hi or even take the effort to lift a finger off the bars to acknowledge us as he goes past. About 15 seconds later my mate accelerates with the help of the e bike and passes the guy making me smile. The gradient mellows for a section and I realise he hasn't switched gears and must be having a moment for recovery so I put the power down and pedal after him. Just as I. Approach him he calls out to my ebike friend "I hate you battery people!!". Seconds later I pass him while happily tell him "no battery here!". We ease up to a pace I can maintain and he passes again and says " I'm going for my yearly PB!!!" leaving us to have a good laugh thinking a acknowledgement would be easier.
Yearly PB?

'I wonder if I can be a complete tosser in front of more people this year, than last'

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
kids decided they wanted to walk over to olympic park for everton having an open training session. 5 minutes later, dad, did you know we can get free tickets on sunday to see them play everton through the school.

now, being from glasgow, do i wear my rangers shirt to stir up the celtic fans?

safreek

kids decided they wanted to walk over to olympic park for everton having an open training session. 5 minutes later, dad, did you know we can get free tickets on sunday to see them play everton through the school.

now, being from glasgow, do i wear my rangers shirt to stir up the celtic fans?
Surely you would, get some hooliganism going.