Warburton trail updates

kiwiinmelb

Likes Dirt
I remember last time when they thought it was all going ahead , they said they would start opening areas as they complete them ,

So i suppose later in the year sounds about right

kiwiinmelb

Likes Dirt
I’m pretty pumped , I’m one of those that went and brought a house there,

It wasn’t 100 percent all about the trails , I love the area anyway, but the mtb park was the icing on the cake, but started to have a few , what I have I done thoughts over the last year or so while it all got held up .

feeling pretty good about things now .

kiwiinmelb

Likes Dirt
I see the National Parks Association are claiming a win over the MTB proposal. :rolleyes:
Breaking news: Yarra Ranges National Park mountain bike tracks rejected - Victorian National Parks AssociationVictorian National Parks Association (vnpa.org.au)
I suppose the trails that were knocked back were the ones in the national park.
Yeah that was always going to be the difficult stuff to get across the line . my understanding they have been knocked back in their current format but there is room to reapply at a later date if they change things around .
But there is so much that has been approved on the other side of Warburton highway. (And from a selfish point of view the stuff that has been approved is rideable from my house :) )
Get that done first, there is a lot of work and if it all runs smoothly , they will be in a stronger position to re look at the mt Donna stuff again .

Last edited:

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Yeah that was always going to be the difficult stuff to get across the line . my understanding they have been knocked back in their current format but there is room to reapply at a later date if they change things around .
But there is so much that has been approved on the other side of Warburton highway. (And from a selfish point of view the stuff that has been approved is rideable from my house :) )
Get that done first, there is a lot of work and if it all runs smoothly , they will be in a stronger position to re look at the mt Donna stuff again .
Yes, looks like there is still plenty of trail to be had. I always believe in quality over quantity, if the quality of the trail is really good then the amount isn't as important.
In Tassie we would have a snowballs chance in hell of getting any trail in a national park, but there's plenty of non-national part opportunities that I don't think we need to go into national parks. We get enough pushback from the diehard walkers as it is. :rolleyes: