Confessions from the fuckwits

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Had to do some work on eldest kid's fork and only realised at school leaving time this morning that I'd somehow stuffed the re-install and the headset isn't turning properly
Let him take the Paradox so he could get to school on time, received a message from him when he got there with 'this is a great bike, don't expect to get it back". Never let your kids get a taste of the good life...
What kind of shape are your kidneys in?

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
they've got a pretty good setup for bike security but I did make him take a 2nd bike lock.
If it's not there come 3:30 I will be going scorched-earth on whole school community though!
A good bike is not the thing for the school commute. Your son can ride shitter bikes (with good brakes) to school. There are too many thieving chunts around. I know you only lent it to him for the day.

Last edited:

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Zwift had been getting a bit squeaky. No worries, probably a bit dusty inside the trainer, I'll give her a cleanup.

Pull it apart, not looking too bad, belt looks good. Give it a good blow out, clean up with isopropyl, and a bit of silicon spray on the belt to rejuvenate?? It.

While the bike was off, took the opportunity to give the drivetrain a damn good scrubbing, and relube.

Hmmm, those derailleur pulleys look a bit shit.

Back on the trainer, smooth as silk. Oh yeah, that's where all my watts have been going. Recalibrate with the Saris app and put it to bed.

Get on this morning, ready to drop some fresh watt bombs on the final 2 races. About 300m into the warmup, the squeaking returns, but with a new, amplified intensity.

Fuckwit!! Those bloody pulley wheels. The gunk, pre cleaning must have been what was keeping them going.

Hit up the LBS for new pulley wheels. Pulling it apart, discovered the real culprit, so stole a replacement from my spare xt derailleur.

Hopefully I remember to replace it before I need it.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
I can’t believe this..

I installed a new derailleur earlier in the year, and noticed a few months ago the b-limit screw wasn’t hitting the hangar stop properly and was wearing away at it. See pic below.
1E9AC926-80C0-4DDD-AC0F-E96BA1DAC70B.jpeg

This morning the light bulb went off. I’d installed the fixing plate the other side of the hangar…. Possibly a new low in my confessions, but thankfully an easy fix.

937CBC24-2EB5-4847-8CA8-3E041ACB4848.jpeg

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Hit a gap drop and both feet ended up pointing down, scared the shit out of me.

Fitted a new BB and forgot to tighten the 2 crank bolts, was only held on by the plastic tensioner.

Now half stripped all the splines, new cranks needed.

20221028_160425.jpg

ozzybmx

That would have made for a fun ride home
I had a multitool on me, was able to put it back on and tighten the bolts up. I've destroyed about 50% of the splines and lost the tensioner plug.

Dont know if I can trust them now, will pull them apart later and have a good look.

ozzybmx

Probably not surprised by it...might be time for a new mechanic, no wonder the kids bikes are always falling apart. :p
I had a slight creak/tick on my bike, been trying all sorts of things to find it. Must have had those cranks off 10 times in the past couple of weeks, fitted a new BB and completely forgot to tighten the pinch bolts.

The creak ended up being the derailleur hanger.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I can’t believe this..

I installed a new derailleur earlier in the year, and noticed a few months ago the b-limit screw wasn’t hitting the hangar stop properly and was wearing away at it. See pic below.
View attachment 393930

This morning the light bulb went off. I’d installed the fixing plate the other side of the hangar…. Possibly a new low in my confessions, but thankfully an easy fix.

View attachment 393931
I did that exact same thing when I built up the Orange. But in my case it munted the hanger and cost me $50 for a new one...