The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Worse than staying silent, she specifically refused to denounce his statement.
I don't think it would have mattered. Peoples poor opinion of her wouldn't have suddenly flipped. And to be fair I don't think she cares what people think. Not worth her time or energy worrying about it.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
From this guy that said some pretty ordinary stuff about gay people. I can’t recall he apologized for those comments.
Thus I don't really like him.

Who knows if he'd try to put his brand on a team with gay people if he had the money.

He certainly wouldn't be getting any kind of work currently from many sporting orgs around the country with his views.

When you aren't listed on the stock exchange like Hancock you don't need as much social license but maybe a company that aligns better will jump in with money especially given the publicity.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Thus I don't really like him.

Who knows if he'd try to put his brand on a team with gay people if he had the money.

He certainly wouldn't be getting any kind of work currently from many sporting orgs around the country with his views.

When you aren't listed on the stock exchange like Hancock you don't need as much social license but maybe a company that aligns better will jump in with money especially given the publicity.
Optus could do with a good news story. :D

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
I wonder who provided this information to the juror?

Sounds like they accessed it themselves. They've not had their technology or access to it taken away, just asked not to do their own research.

Given they have been unable to all agree, it sounds like someone was trying to either get a better perspective or influence someone else's.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Sounds like they accessed it themselves. They've not had their technology or access to it taken away, just asked not to do their own research.

Given they have been unable to all agree, it sounds like someone was trying to either get a better perspective or influence someone else's.
Given the heading of the document I would put money on a male with a bias.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
What are the chances of someone finding it? Maybe a secret payoff deal in the toilets occurred.
Maybe, but this doesn't make the charges or a trial go away. Just shifts it. Given the jury were having trouble coming to a verdict, if this was intentionally left to be found, it could be just as likley a try for a more sympathetic jury next time round.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Maybe, but this doesn't make the charges or a trial go away. Just shifts it. Given the jury were having trouble coming to a verdict, if this was intentionally left to be found, it could be just as likley a try for a more sympathetic jury next time round.
The all centers around media and outside influence.
So why would she go and make a statement outside the court that does not seem to help her in any way in the trial. I feel really sorry for her as she seems to have got bumb advice all along and even now. I can’t see how anyone can get a fair trial here.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
With 2 weeks until early voting starts for those of us in Vic, this is your friendly public-service announcement reminding you that we still have the dumbest upper-house voting laws in the country; where if you vote above the line the party you put at #1 gets to dictate how your preferences flow.

So make sure that whenever you vote, and whoever you vote for in the upper house, vote below the line putting in at least preferences 1-5 to make it valid. Preferences are important, don't give up yours willingly !

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
With 2 weeks until early voting starts for those of us in Vic, this is your friendly public-service announcement reminding you that we still have the dumbest upper-house voting laws in the country; where if you vote above the line the party you put at #1 gets to dictate how your preferences flow.

So make sure that whenever you vote, and whoever you vote for in the upper house, vote below the line putting in at least preferences 1-5 to make it valid. Preferences are important, don't give up yours willingly !
I always do ALL of them. Start at the top down to the end of MY preferences, then start at the bottom and work my way up.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Sorry, this really is akin to stabbing yourself in the eye, but worth watching. And considering nearing half the population think this is a side of politics worth supporting….

bear the bear

Is a real bear
This is worth a read. I was trying to remember a few months back which Govt. Department the issue was a cover for and it was ASIC