Motorcycle Thread - Post it all

Minlak

custom titis
It's a drz400 don't waste money trying to improve it....just ride it for what it is.
Oh I was meaning things like safari tank and protection mods / gear carriers etc

Found one for $1900 says needs starter motor that he has already - Lets say it costs me $1k at the most to get running and serviced thats a cheap bike still for shits and giggles and something to work on

1666269069288.png

CHEWY

Eats Squid
Spend 3-4k and get a good original one with low kms or already with a few mods like a big tank etc and with rego or RWC.
I wouldn't touch that one you posted. It's missing everything for rego, wrong headlight and generally looks like it's been fucked with.
I've had 2 DRZ400's and done some big km rides on them. (5000km) They ride on the highway like a dirtbike - uncomfortable and top heavy.
A DR650 makes a much better road trail bike.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Spend 3-4k and get a good original one with low kms or already with a few mods like a big tank etc and with rego or RWC.
I wouldn't touch that one you posted. It's missing everything for rego, wrong headlight and generally looks like it's been fucked with.
I've had 2 DRZ400's and done some big km rides on them. (5000km) They ride on the highway like a dirtbike - uncomfortable and top heavy.
A DR650 makes a much better road trail bike.
+1 a DR650 is the unkillable cockroach of the off-road touring world. Just make sure to get the carby tuned if changing air filters/exhaust.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Minlak

custom titis
MMMMMMM - So a good example of a DRZ 650 is not that far away from just buying a new KLR650 that comes equipped with luggage and guards.

1666305202218.png

CHEWY

Eats Squid
Yes it's a slippery slope. KLR is a good option.

Bikes are way overpriced right now obviously.
I sold my old 2005 DR650 5 years ago for 4k with rego, pretty much completey set up with a safari tank etc. It was immaculate and only had 5000km on it.

And it took about a month to sell.

Screenshot_20221021-023823_Gallery.jpg

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
The only issue woth KLR is the fairings they have so when you bin it things break.
DR650/400 is the go, especially for first forays offroad. Good bikes that just keep on going.

Don’t forget the full set of matching klim gear. Very important. Bonus points for a full kriega set up for bags etc haha.

Ultra Lord

then you should be looking at a BMW 1250 with that sort of coin
He’ll get there. Ducati desert x or Aprilia Tuareg would be my choice of new adventure bikes but the big beemer seems to be the bike of choice for guys getting into offroad for the first time (just like my boss has just done haha).

Personally I love the idea of 3 bags, racks and a backpack costing the same as the bike. Overcapitalise on that DR @Minlak! You know you want to.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Speaking of motorbicycles and @Minlak in a leather gee string on a Kawasaki I followed an immaculate looking Z9 up the coast on Wed. That colour combination is still amazing. A mate bought a new one back in the day and it was awesome.

Ultra Lord

Don’t let your dreams be dreams Dales

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
@Minlak - I am biased - RE 650 , done as a scrambler .
you get to fiddle .
bike is cheap / reasonably priced
when fun over - sell .

im trying to find the article where they did a big dirt scramble in QLD

or get a little Scram 411 .

Attachments