The last movie you've last watched last

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Holy fuck that. Didn't even make it through the trailer.
In that case I recommend Silent Hill. A relaxing children's romp if ever there was one. :p

I tried to find a decent preview clip, but they don't come close to conveying the eeriness of the full film. It's true make the hair on the back of your neck stand up stuff in part... (the rest is either deliberatly dull or gore)

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
In that case I recommend Silent Hill. A relaxing children's romp if ever there was one. :p

I tried to find a decent preview clip, but they don't come close to conveying the eeriness of the full film. It's true make the hair on the back of your neck stand up stuff in part... (the rest is either deliberatly dull or gore)
Ha, watched it many years ago (from memory it was in the shadow of a painful break up and the rationale was traumatising myself with horror movies was a preferable emotion). Not bad and I liked the ending and general atmosphere, but was fairly predictable.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Ha, watched it many years ago (from memory it was in the shadow of a painful break up and the rationale was traumatising myself with horror movies was a preferable emotion). Not bad and I liked the ending and general atmosphere, but was fairly predictable.
Yeah, the storyline's pretty limp. I just loved all the various effects. Horror films to me often feel like they're either underwhelming (toned down for Americans, or with a lack of reasoning behind the 'horror') or kitschy B-grade gore fests. This is one of the only ones that landed that "Feels like a nightmare come to life" vibe IMO.

Different style, but 'The Visit' was another good one for that haunting vibe - though an even more predictable storyline overall.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Just watched this on Viceland (in particular the one about google). Good doco, will be interesting to see what governments do about it (if anything).

Watch Land of the Giants: Titans of Tech streaming now on SBS On Demand.

Last edited:

Minlak

custom titis
Finally watched Black Adam after bieng stood up by wife to see it at the movies - Didnt hate it - worth seeing for the origin story

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Smile - average for a horror movie. Good jumpscares, but otherwise not much substance.

Barbarian - great horror. a little tongue in cheek at times, but some genuinely good moments. Also shot in Bulgaria, but set in detroit...kind of interesting how everything was built on a soundstage and on one street.

Wednesday - new tim burton adams family netflix spin off series. Really fun. Tim burton fans will enjoy. Very typical of his work, albeit a little darker AND lighter at the same time. Interesting juxtaposition. I think mainly caters to audiences changed thresholds for things like gore and subject material. highly recommend.

On the list - Pepsi, where's my jet? If you dont know this story, its wild. Pepsi did a promo back in the 90's where if you collected enough points, theyd deliver you a working Harrier Jump jet. EXCEPT they never had any intention to (obviously). The story is about teh guy who actually got the points together.

Minlak

custom titis
On the list - Pepsi, where's my jet? If you dont know this story, its wild. Pepsi did a promo back in the 90's where if you collected enough points, theyd deliver you a working Harrier Jump jet. EXCEPT they never had any intention to (obviously). The story is about teh guy who actually got the points together.
Do your self a favour and just google the case - Netflix made this about 3 episodes too long

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
i did finding nemo back in the day on a bunch of microdots. Remains one of my favorite movies.
I watched antz the first time I took mushies, right as it was peaking. Wasn't prepared for my minced up brain attempting to reconcile Stallone's voice coming from the orange and blue blobs that I assume was the tv. Terrifying experience, I went and sat in the toilet for an hour and waited for it to be over

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Or watch a Daft Punk concert...

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
my personal experience has been that the cause of bad trips and various anxieties experienced at the time is related to the surroundings/people (set and setting). IMO psychedelics are generally poorly tolerated indoors (IMO any amazing visusal aspects are better outside in anycase. Ive never found anything on a screen while tripping interesting). Most people do fine indoors, i just personally find that when you remove all the physical boundaries like walls, technology, other people (if they're part of the problem), the immediate relief you get is profound and can turn around an otherwise unpleasant experience you're waiting for to end, to something wonderous, liberating and very inwardly focused, which is kind of the point of it all i think.