The QUICK question thread.....

Lucaw

Next in line
Hey guys
I have a dt e200 hub from ~2012 that doesn’t want to easily freewheel. I believe these where rebranded 350 hubs?
Here are a couple of pictures of it apart
96CEF1E5-F738-4939-ACEA-A0AB918D282A.jpeg
273EF72D-48B5-460B-B745-7FD1BE8EBE28.jpeg

13DA5FE7-5404-450D-9141-F3DB134E7AE7.jpeg

It spins ok, until it is put in the bike and the axle is done up, then it doesn’t want to spin at all.
I only have limited tools at the moment as well.
Maybe it’s a seal not seating, which i’d Need to take the cassette off for?
Hopefully one of you know.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
End caps on the right side ? When DT hubs spin free off the bike and bind up when the axle is tightened, it's usually an end cap issue.

ozzybmx

@Lucaw just thinking, I also had an issue when swapping between a AliExp star ratchet and and genuine one.

The Ali ratchets are hollow and the genuine ones are solid, the spring that came with the solid ones were fatter than the skinny fakes.

When I trashed my first set of fake 60T ratchets (on Blue Tier in Jan this year) I tried to do a trail side swap as I was carrying the genuine 18T ratchets in my pocket, but not the original springs.

The skinny fake springs when compressed, were lowering the genuine 'solid' engaging star ratchet too low and the moving ratchet was pushed into the hub teeth, locking the wheel.

Insert the stationary ratchet then push the moving one in on top of it, the spring acts as a 'spacer' of sorts and stops the moving ratchet moving down too far and engaging on the hub teeth.
If the moving ratchet is catching (or close to catching) the hub teeth, it may be binding when you tighten the axle.

The solution would be to put a spacer below the solid ratchet spring, the fakes come with a spacer but its not generally needed, can't remember if the genuine ones have a spacer included but your set looks like genuine DT.

I went from a Hope slut to a DT slut and now run 240's and 350's CL's on nearly all my bikes with HG, XD and Microspline. I've encountered a few binding issues but they were all my fault for meddling and swapping shit.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
How long do we think the cartel of airlines are going to hold out on offering sales? Early in the year when I went to Canada there was some good competition and offers. But now there is fuck all...surely one of the companies is itching to hit the sale button?

BurnieM

Likes Dirt
@Lucaw just thinking, I also had an issue when swapping between a AliExp star ratchet and and genuine one.

The Ali ratchets are hollow and the genuine ones are solid, the spring that came with the solid ones were fatter than the skinny fakes.
Just for reference the genuine DT Swiss 36T ratchets in the new 2021+ 350 hubs are also hollow.
I believe they use the same springs as the earlier 18T ratchets.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
How long do we think the cartel of airlines are going to hold out on offering sales? Early in the year when I went to Canada there was some good competition and offers. But now there is fuck all...surely one of the companies is itching to hit the sale button?
fuel prices.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Staff shortages are the current limiting factor, not the number of willing passengers. Time to change careers.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Staff shortages are the current limiting factor, not the number of willing passengers. Time to change careers.

I'd make a ripper air hostess, but I'd insist on everyone behaving like it was the 1950s during all my flights.

fuel prices.
I am aware that fuel is expensive at present. But high input costs haven't dampened the industries enthusiasm for sales before. This block feel more organised, like a "let's all hold high until x date and recoup some of those losses from the last couple of years."

It was interesting at the start of the year. Some friends flew home from Canada after having weathered the 2020 and 2021 lockdown and travel embargoes. Their one way flights home were almost double my return airfare a few weeks later.

ozzybmx

240s have been hollow in hubs I’ve had (pre 2021)
Yeah the SL ratchets come in 240/180 and when you buy a set they are usually the SL hollow ratchets, the last gen 350's came with a solid ratchet, same as Luca's ratchet set above.

BurnieM

Likes Dirt
What is a good small waist pack ?

Looking for phone pocket and to carry tube, 2 x tyre levers, 2 x gas bottle, inflator, bacon strips and pokker, multi-tool, cable ties, quick link, hanger and keys. Not worried about water.
I have an Osprey Savu 5 but it is too big/annoying.

Last edited:

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
What is the best small waist pack ?

Looking for phone pocket and to carry tube, 2 x tyre levers, 2 x gas bottle, inflator, bacon strips and pokker, multi-tool, cable ties, quick link, hanger and keys. Not worried about water.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
What is a good small waist pack ?

Henty Enduro.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Why would the b-limit screw not line up with the derailleur hangar tab? Only just catches and looks pretty sketchy.

Standard UDH and SLX 11 speed dérailleur…

C4ADC4B7-0438-46B7-991E-DA4ABDFF78A3.jpeg

2CF10CE7-B58E-4F30-8C48-5A4EF4B8F00F.jpeg

FEA6D08B-F65F-4892-8AE9-74F6C7735BE2.jpeg

Minlak

custom titis
All looks straight. Bit of phone camera distortion there but the bolt is straight and nothing looks amiss with either the derailleur or hangar.
Derailleurs suck - spend hours trying to tune the gears on ones that “Look” straight - the sooner we get cvt the better