The QUICK question thread.....

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Does the Henty use a Hydrapak bladder? If so these have a lifetime warranty. In my experience they have been awesome. You lodge a ticket with detials and video of leak and they ship a new one. Had two warranty bladders from there for leaking.

https://support.hydrapak.com/hc/en-us
it is!. had to pull it out of the garbage just now to try this route lol. Thanks. Though the leak looks like a pin prick hole and could have occurred by poor storage etc, not like a leak at the seam. I''ll give it a go though.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
The bottom bracket was making horrible noises. Bought a new one but got sent the wrong one. Before sending back the wrong one - need your thoughts - I there wear on the axle likely to lead to more horrible noises even with a flash new bottom bracket?
View attachment 393025
This looks like a typical push fit bottom bracket miss alignment in a carbon frame. The carbon frame’s shell isn’t perfectly round, and isn’t aligned axially between the sides, so the bearings are forced to run at an angle, and the bearings steel inner race ends up wearing the bb30 spindle. Made all the more challenging by pedalling loads, we don’t apply 360 degrees of even force to the pedals.

A one piece bottom bracket, that carries both bearings, and pushes into the shell from one side, is the answer. Sometimes the carbon shell is so badly out of round, and/or undersized, it needs to be machined round.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Henty enduro bladders. Where to get one? Mine has a hole and I can't find any online or on their store. Can I use any old bladder that fits? Anyone have any experience with a non henty spare that fits the henty enduro?
I just use a CamelBak 3 litre sideways. Then use a second bladder and their quicklink system to do super quick refills. Pm me and I'll send you pictures of my setup.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
The bottom bracket was making horrible noises. Bought a new one but got sent the wrong one. Before sending back the wrong one - need your thoughts - I there wear on the axle likely to lead to more horrible noises even with a flash new bottom bracket?
View attachment 393025
Something is up with your frame. If it's a BSA BB get it chased and faced, and that might fix it. If it's a fuck you 30 setup you might need to get in touch with a certain Hambini for a custom fix.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the bladder that came with it was 3lt. i usually go through 2-3 liters on longer rides. If its the youis, I'm fine with just a bottle on the bike, because you can always refill at the car
Maybe give a Henty a call down in Tas? They are still advertising the Enduro as coming with the 3L bladder so they might be able to sell you one that they can replace later, or order you in one with their next run.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Something is up with your frame. If it's a BSA BB get it chased and faced, and that might fix it. If it's a fuck you 30 setup you might need to get in touch with a certain Hambini for a custom fix.

I’m working towards a commercial solution myself, inspired by Hambini. Jig up the frame in the mill, with a bore gauge in the mill head to locate the centre of the bb shell, and take a carbide insert up and down the shell, then once the shell is round, press in a one piece aluminium bearing carrier that’s the correct interference fit for carbon fibre composites. This puts the bearings in a rigid structure, with both bearings aligned.

I’ve sampled about a dozen carbon fibre composite frames with push fit bb designs. All are on the piss and out of round. Working theory Hambini has proposed, is the average frame is removed from the mould/jig before the resin has fully set, and once removed from any jig/mould nothing is there to stop distortion, the end result is terrible.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Maybe give a Henty a call down in Tas? They are still advertising the Enduro as coming with the 3L bladder so they might be able to sell you one that they can replace later, or order you in one with their next run.
way ahead of ya, did that the moment i came home from the ride

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I’m working towards a commercial solution myself, inspired by Hambini. Jig up the frame in the mill, with a bore gauge in the mill head to locate the centre of the bb shell, and take a carbide insert up and down the shell, then once the shell is round, press in a one piece aluminium bearing carrier that’s the correct interference fit for carbon fibre composites. This puts the bearings in a rigid structure, with both bearings aligned.

I’ve sampled about a dozen carbon fibre composite frames with push fit bb designs. All are on the piss and out of round. Working theory Hambini has proposed, is the average frame is removed from the mould/jig before the resin has fully set, and once removed from any jig/mould nothing is there to stop distortion, the end result is terrible.
What about setting up a line boring bar? No need to come up with multiple jigs for the mill.