What does your day look like?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Yes, 'tis a Fireball. World Champs for these are going to be held in Geelong in Feb. 2024 after a two-year postponement due to covid shit. I have no delusions of being competitive, but I intend to be there!
I haven't sailed for a very long time but never in anything that didn't have another hull to slow down the process of drowning. Kudos to you sir!

Slowman

Likes Dirt
My day usually starts with a surf... if it's too small I'll go ride some trails. I'd do both but work keeps getting in the way.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Go out the back this morning. Dog is going off, the missus all of a sudden yells at the dog in a panicked voice to stay away.

Turns out there is a foot long blue tongue lizard kicking it underneath the hot water service.

Didn't want either the dog to get bitten or the blue tongue so I channelled my inner "Crikey!" and coaxed him/her into an aldi bag to release it over near the creek where there is already a small population of them.

IMG_20220924_140144.jpg

IMG_20220924_140128.jpg

The missus got some action shots but there was too much plumber's crack on display to post it!

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Go out the back this morning. Dog is going off, the missus all of a sudden yells at the dog in a panicked voice to stay away.

Turns out there is a foot long blue tongue lizard kicking it underneath the hot water service.

Didn't want either the dog to get bitten or the blue tongue so I channelled my inner "Crikey!" and coaxed him/her into an aldi bag to release it over near the creek where there is already a small population of them.

View attachment 392996

View attachment 392997

The missus got some action shots but there was too much plumber's crack on display to post it!
I had a Jack Russell once that caught one and bought it inside for a "good girl"...proceeded to continue the "JRT shake" and flung it up into the air and hit the ceiling...had blood stains on the ceiling :confused:
poor thing was a goner, buried it in the front yard, safe from being exhumed by said JRT!
EDIT:..Dog did not receive a "good girl", but the much less favoured "Naughty Girl" and the shown the back door!

Last edited:

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I haven't sailed for a very long time but never in anything that didn't have another hull to slow down the process of drowning. Kudos to you sir!
The 'Ball is a bit of an animal at times.... 16' (4.9m) long, with the beam of a pencil and a sizeable rig perched on top... Stability isn't one of its strong points! Not without reason I named the boat R-Sup. :p